"Finest & Rarest"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
The "Finest & Rarest" website has a ton of information, and photos of many old and rare bottles, most all of which have original contents and labels. T'was a treat to browse on by.

French-Cache-II-38KB-619x351.jpg

wolffbp

Reaction score
Interesting. Red absinthe huh? So that would a red fairy then right? Make sure you use the proper glass Joe [:)]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Ha,....An excerpt from A recipe called "Death in the afternoon" invented by Ernest Hemmingway....[:D]

That's how we feel contemplating Hemingway's original instructions for this wicked potion (he claims to have cooked it up with some Brits after a spot of nautical unpleasantness): "Pour 1 jigger of absinthe into a champagne glass. Add iced champagne until it attains the proper opalescent milkiness. Drink three to five of these slowly." The liver that man must've had!
[/align]
[/align]

92EA411220574CC6A420A7C67BBC745C.jpg

Attachments

• 92EA411220574CC6A420A7C67BBC745C.jpg
    92EA411220574CC6A420A7C67BBC745C.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 116

RedGinger

Reaction score
Maybe the color changed over time? Either way, I think it turned white as the sugar and water was poured over it? I'll have to check out this site. Thanks, Surface. Which bottle did you have,Joe? There are two in the pic.

P.S. I like the green ladies leg ones on the far right, in Surface's picture.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Check out the Chartreuse section: http://www.finestandrarest.com/chartreuse.html Today's bottle has the same label as the 1956, I think. It's pricey and strong stuff. It has a very herbal, sweet taste. It's good, though.

None of the liquor stores in our area carry it, but I suppose it could be ordered. It would be nice to have on hand for a special occasion or when you're sick with a cold. I wonder what the mystery herbs are in it. At any rate, this is a fun site with great pics and info.

RedGinger

Reaction score
From the Rum section: "This is the THE single most legendary rum, with a swashbuckling and romantic history stretching back over three centuries. Very occasionally flagons from 1970, when the Navy ration was discontinued, have come on to the market, but to have the chance to taste original flagons from the 1940's is unprecedented. A unique opportunity to drink liquid history."

Talk about advertising! If this doesn't make you want to try it, I don't know what will!

RedGinger

Reaction score
The rum at the bottom was probably held in casks for thirty years before being bottled, it said! Unbelievable.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Interesting enough site, but his dates are sometimes earlier than the product and bottle. Many are a stretch, with patent dates used as bottling dates.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky