Defuniak springs Fl

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

klx69

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the area and looking for a pal to help me find a diggging area and dig with.. Thanks

capsoda

Reaction score
DeFuniak Springs is about 80mi east of Pensacola Fl. My dad is from there and my aunt is still living there.

Hey Kelly, I'll check with my dad and see if he remembers where the dump was.
Send me an email or pm.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I spent all day 12 hours looking for a Bar Dump in Defuniak Springs about 3 years back. Bar was torn down so made it hard to find. But supposably the dump was in a huge Sink hole if I remember right. Does anybody familar with this area know where this dump is I'm talking about? If so let me know? THANKS, LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not sure of name, I'd have to ask my buddy that took us there or tried to. He might not know as it might have been torn down before his first visit? All I know was it was a few miles north of Defuniak Springs near the Alabama Border. The bar dump dated to around the 1930's-40's. The years I like. Any help would be much appreciated. THANKS, LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
He dumped there in early 80's I think it was. We went back 20 years later around 2003. He said if we drove by the area he would recognize it. He never did & we looked & looked. First up83, then 2, then 185 & 181. went more towards the west near 331 later but he didn't think it was that way. Towards the End of the day we went to another old Bar Dump in OPP, Alabama. Then we went to Mississippi Bar Dump next day. LEON.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Leon, Sounds like you guys had quite a road trip. When I take my mom and dad to Defuniak I always drive him around so he can point out all the old stuff. My grand dad was the fire chief there for years and my dads older sis still lives there.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Yeah, A long ride for me being from Detroit. My digging partners were from Washington DC, Texas & Louisiana. Sounds like you have some good connections in this town Maybe one of them remembers this old torn down Bar I talk about? LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi