What is your favorite bottle book?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
rad98B70HER-1980-ketchup-X1-a.jpg

Ketchup, Pickles, Sauces by Betty Zumwalt

61yWLQ9BeHL._SS500_.jpg
By Richard Fike From.

RedGinger

Reaction score
You have your own library, Sewell! I think we have a couple of those books. I would love to get the two you just posted, Surface! They look great. We have a few more books that I think Joe has pictures of, for you PermInk.

For my birthday last year, my Mom gave me an ex-libris copy of , "A Treasury of American Bottles" by William C. Ketchum, that she bought. Here's the funny part: The old library here, that Joe went to as a kid and teen had one copy of this book. He used to check it out all the time. This is before I was even born. [:D] Well, sure enough, in the back of the book is the stamp from the old library! I had no idea about this until he saw the book and told me. The grand old library is gone, replaced with a smaller, but modern one in a different location.

I highly recommend this book. I used to check out every book I could on bottles when I first got started in the hobby. It took me awhile and finding examples of certain bottles before it stuck in my brain. I suppose that's just how my brain works. As an example, I am terrible with directions, but driving somewhere a few times is what gets me oriented with where I am.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
"A Treasury of American Bottles" by William C. Ketchum

Hi RedGinger; I went to my library file and I have this subject book. Unfortunately it has been about three years since I read it. If you go to my homepage and check under books, I have a list of my favorites and some reference about what they told me about.

I have to point out that some of the best books about early glass making were written by women. They did a good job of putting down details in their writing. RED Matthews

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp