UHHM...I don't really know...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
I found these two marbles metal detecting and I wouldn't even know how to look them up. IS there a really good user friendly website someone can suggest? Here's the pictures anyways. I think they're glass...

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Does that mean they were made in West Virginia? How do you tell a company from just looking at the marble??? Thanks, maybe I can find a page or something on the West Virginia swirl marble.

Road Dog

Reaction score
Yeah, there was a bunch of WV marble companies. Ron Sheppard would know for sure. Here's a good site.
http://marbleconnection.invisionzone.com/

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The marbles were just a surprise in the holes. I don't want to get into another addiction with the other 5 or so I have.[8|] I'll poke around the website and see what I can find.

Dugout

Reaction score
Look on the bright side Brandon, marbles don't take up much room and they are fun to look at.

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
I know, i have them on my desk right now with some other miscellaneous stuff, but i didn't think coins would take up much space either but I've got about 3 shoeboxes full of them.[:)]

Dugout

Reaction score
(Shoe boxes don't take up much room either)[:D]

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Yeah, but they do take money away like all hobbies.[:(] I do like marbles and all- pretty much ANYTHING old, especially If I find them, I'll keep them- I'll NEVER throw away anything old. I even keep the old shotgun shells that come up as nickels on the White's Prizm V. I've found some that date back to the 1890s.[:D] Eventually, shoeboxes will take up a lot of room. I also need a new shelf for some moe bottles- my other 4 are full.[8D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp