"Crown" glass jars with glass lid

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cgillilan

Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give me info on some jars I found. They say "made in Canada", have a crown on the center of the jar, under that it says "CROWN". It has a metal ring but the lid is alos glass with a rubber seal. The bottom of the jar has 1936, under that it has a diamond with a "d" in the center of it , and under that it has a "9". I have several of these quart and pint sized with different dates and numbers on the bottom. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Cyndie

atticmint

Reaction score
Hi Cyndie
These are very common jars in Canada. I find 50 or more of them a year. They are worth a few dollars each. The older versions are worth a bit more if they have the original lid with the "Hamilton Glass Works Co." embossed on it. Also different colors can be worth a lot more.

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Cyndie, Crown jars are to Canada what Ball jars are to us in the USA - there are some that are worth a lot, but the vast majority are common as dirt. -Tammy

Steve77

Reaction score
My knowledge of the crown jars is limited, and i lucked upon this site hoping to find out more. The 1936 is the year it was made. if there is no date, it is prior to a certain year. I read it once but I cant remember it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp