Historical Archeolgy

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Thought some of you archy types might be interested in this:

http://www.iupui.edu/~anthpm/330mandep.html

Ron

madman

Reaction score
hey bear thanks for sharing very cool! im not an archy type, but found the reading to be very interesting mike

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks, Mike...

Usually when "archeology" or "archeologist" is mentioned on this forum it seems there's a lot of gagging and pinching of noses... It's refreshing to have someone who's interested in looking at all aspects of a subject/issue before passing judgement and who's open to, perhaps, learning something new or discovering a fresh perspective...

Ron

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Ron, I've read several of the reports that came from that dig in the past months.

Pretty cool. Don't have a prob with the archy types in general just most of the ones around here. Cool job and I almost did it my self back when I was young.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Ron...

This article would have been a lot more exciting if there were some photos of the bottles. You must have been attracted by the "Wolfies"[:eek:]

I personally, lost interest when the second word of the article was "exercise"... I try to stay away from that during the winter months of hibernation!!! ha ha ha ...[:'(]

I was impressed by all his big words though...[:-][:'(] must have been some kind of "perfesser" or sumpin...[;)]

No, really the article was informative and enlightening [8|]
Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Ron, I do got a few. It's the result of trying to cram 4 or 5 lifetimes into one. There is no profit in it and I don't advise it.

Oh yeah, I like to talk.[;)]

Hey Wayne, They should have let us help.[&:]

madman

Reaction score
yea i wanted to be a archy!! when i was a kid! watching all those ship wreck docs sucking up all those gold coins with a giant vacumn! tons of pottery, then in the fourth grade i found a dump in the woods behind my house, untouched turn of, the bottles were sticking up out of the ground, took some home showed my dad, he said wow go find more! one day ill unbox those and show you all, any way that was the end of the archy, but i respect archys imagine digging up king tuts tomb whoa mike

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown