star soda water - coke

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, dug this today, it's embossed soda water. property of coca cola bottling co. con. 6 fl. oz. design pat. # dates june 1, 1926. embossed on base CRASS ? in large letters. any information on value would be appreciated. thanks rhona

Fd93093.jpg

Attachments

• Fd93093.jpg
    Fd93093.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 667

madman

Reaction score
hey rhona nice find, your bottle is a flavor bottle, it didnt contain coke, im guessing 30tys on the date, i must say you have found some interesting bottles. that dads throwaway is very cool mike

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike, thanks for looking, any ideal of value, would it be worth tumbling? the half gal dad's root beer looks a lot neater then the scan shows. thanks rhona

madman

Reaction score
im guessing the flavor bottle to be worth 5 -10, the dads is probably worth more! those throwaway bottles are gaining popularity, if you can get the cola bottle tumbled cheap go for it mike

we3kingsrus

Reaction score
Hi Rhona, Got one just like it but is does not have the CRASS on the base it has RICHMOND VA on the bottom. Do you know what the CRASS stands for? Thinks 3kings

Tr49934.jpg

Attachments

• Tr49934.jpg
    Tr49934.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 157

capsoda

Reaction score
Hi Rona, Nice one. Coke Cola used the square soda water bottle from late 1915 until they went to 10oz bottles or changed brands, the round style was used from 1924 until they went to 10oz bottles or changed brands. The measurements on their soda water bottles and hobble skirts were the same at all critical points so they could be used with the same bottling equipment. I included a pic of some I've dug up. The three on the left are from Frisco City, Al. The one on the right is from Pensacola, Fl. Some soda water bottles go for quite a lot of money. The Hygea Soda bottle { on the right } is quite rare and would go for $100 and up. Bottle diggers and collectors around here go nuts over broken ones. I've luckily dug 7 at one place. Frisco City soda water bottles go for $30, so you never know. All these were dug in Pensacola.

madman

Reaction score
hey warren, the two on the far left have my interest! by the way nice finds!!!! i also have a similar bottle , the bottle rhona posted above is whats called a flavor bottle and is common in these parts, although small citys embossed on base could be rare. nice topic heres some pix enjoy mike

Om33760.jpg

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi mike thanks for the inf. i have a tumbler now, i guess i want to know would it be worth more if i tumble it? nice bottles mike. hi 3kings,the crass i think is a subsidary of coke. i just found a acl crass bottle, dates 1944. on the back of the bottle it has "property of coca-cola bottling co, cambridge, ohio. i havn't try to clean it a lot as i might mess up the label. hi warren, thanks for all the information, looks like you found really good ones. thanks all, rhona ps pick of acl crass

Jh17075.jpg

Attachments

• Jh17075.jpg
    Jh17075.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 138

madman

Reaction score
wow that crass bottle is very interesting, although i have no info, if i had my own tumber all would be tumbled mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora