Sifting/sifters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

58froggy

Reaction score
How many diggers sift? When I did most of my digging, we didn't know about that idea. In fact we didn't know much- just that we were finding old bottles that were worth packing home. Can't wait to get time to get back into it. Grandpa's dump hollow is my next target.
Doug

sodabottle

Reaction score
Hello i sift sometimes i usally take my time and go through the dirt. I have found tiny beads buttons and even pieces of paper. The only set back is that my sifter is to big to cary through the woods so i don't go to the dump i found mut i sift in the ghost twon by the dump

I do enjoy to sift you never know what tiny things you might find

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Those sifters really worked great. I watched them sift for about an hour before I even started digging. I was amazed at all of the other artifacts I have been missing. I am still debating about making one. Bottles are the main thing I'm after. They found some pretty cool stuff I definitely was overlooking. Robert

capsoda

Reaction score
I dig big holes and my wife gets in them and digs like a gopher. I sift while she digs. Find coins, bottle tops, marbles, hundreds of hutch wires, buttons, small toys, indian relics, a pair of small wooden sail boats and a pair of 1/4 carat diamonds that need polishing. Finding diamonds keeps the old sifting fire going.

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
I sift some of them, depending what the dirt is like, alot of roots no way here is some of the stuff one one dump, it was in the sand at the beach

Bz77970.jpg

bobpatt

Reaction score
I did most of my digging about 20 years ago. I wish I had thought about sifting back then. Too bad. Wonder what kind of goodies I missed? If I ever find another place to dig, you can bet I'll be slapping together a sifter!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac