A S hinds????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

gatorman

Reaction score
The embosing says A S H Hinds, dont know if that is a H or some other letter?On the word hinds. Portland Me. 5 1/2" Tall 2 1/2" wide 1 1/2" thick. Seam stops at shoulder. Any information would be helpfull thanks. gatorman

Da83149.jpg

Attachments

• Da83149.jpg
    Da83149.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 96

amblypygi

Reaction score
Fike lists this company, but not this particular embossing, AS Hind's Honey and Almond Cream was apparently advertized in 1875 and the company was bought out in 1907. The shape of your bottle reminds me of Wakelee's Cameline, which makes sense for a skin cream.

Sean

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
gatorman , there are a couple of differant types, Iv'e dug three kinds so far, they go into the screw tops too, some were cosmetic and food, the other maine guys might know more, it a nice bottle, books have it about 2.00 dollars

gatorman

Reaction score
Thanks Caretaker. Hay I have a couple of questions??? Who has a good book for your average bottle ID. The one I have is a good book but it only shows the rare high dallor bottles.(michael Polak fourth edition). Also what other way do you know how to clean stains on the inside of the bottles other than acids or tumbling. gatorman

capsoda

Reaction score
I've seen alot of those come out of the ground. Stuff must have been popular. Seans right, its almond cream but you got the older version and the next to the largest size, 1860s to 1880s. I've included a pic of 2 more recent versions. The small one says on the front- A.S.Hinds Co. Portland, Maine USA, the back- Hinds Honey and Almond Cream, one side- alcohol 7 %, the other side- improves the complexion, late 1800s. The other says Hinds Honey and Almond Cream A.S.Hinds Co., Bloomfield N.J. USA, after 1904.

Lj21604.jpg

Attachments

• Lj21604.jpg
    Lj21604.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 158

Dale

Reaction score
Hay gatorman, nice bottle, RC said you metal detect what detetor do you have?

gatorman

Reaction score
Hay Dale, good to hear from ya. I started out with a treasure ace 300 and now I use a shadow X5. [:D] Ha Ha well I say I use it but here lately thanks to BOLDG03 Ive been dump diggen more now, and loven it too.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac