should i or shant i?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

keithstanfield

Reaction score
i live in spokane washington,and our river just flooded.....Im kinda hoping that maybe once it recedes it might be a good spot to look.......good or bad idea?sound off

swizzle

Reaction score
It couldn't hurt. I can think of worse places to explore and dig. [:)]

TJSJHART

Reaction score
from what i've learned on here is down stream from where a lot of soil was moved or the banks just got washed away... good luck

suzanne

Reaction score
I got that idea too. I live by the Mississipi. After the yearly flood I was gazing upon the ravaged land and thinking that maybe some bottles washed up.
I crossed the concrete wasteland looking here and there at the interesting things the river had regurgitated. Mostly old tires. Before I actually got too far I happened to look around and notice a new-looking black car circling the lot in the distance. The next time I looked up it had halved it's distance from me but I instantly put it out of my mind. I had tunnel vision that day. Suddenly it pulled up behind me and stopped. A man in a Batman suit gets out. As I am standing there trying to process this event, he say' s "Hi, what are you doing?" So I said, I am looking through the muck. It suddenly occurred to me that he must be going to a costume party or a play and I go back to my single-minded pursuit. He says, "Are you interested in sex?" I thought -
I can't be hearing this right. So I say "What?" and he repeats himself. He began describing his various physical attributes in graphic detail as an enticement I guess but I bolted across the lot, passing an abandoned factory, and I see two kids playing. Looked like a 12 year old and her little brother. I yell, "get out of here, there's a pervert, go home! and keep on going. I got to my truck. I drove back to the spot to make sure the kids were gone but, guess what, they were still there, waiting to encounter the pervert, I guess.
Did I say I'm a slow learner? The next day I went to a different spot for a new search. I approached the train tracks. A train waiting to switch is blocking access to the river. I get closer so I can get an idea how long it is and maybe go around. I hear clunking noises. Looking for the source of the sound, I see what I first think is junk raining out of the sky. Then I realize someone is in a boxcar throwing scrap metal out of it. In a minute the guy in the boxcar stands up and see's me. I said, "you are going to get in trouble" but he goes, "Nah, we do this every day." In the distance I see his partner approaching and decided it was time to go home.

swizzle

Reaction score
You should probably stay away from rivers or get the Robin costume so you can be Batman's trusty sidekick & special friend. [:D][:D][:D]

swizzle

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

I'm not sure if your talking about the same kind of dump, are you Rick?

My friend has a pic of himself "dumping" in a "no dumping" area. He hung his neked butt checks over a guard rail next to the no dumping sign for a quick pic. Never saw the pic myself, never really wanted to either. [:D][:D][:D]

Yeah a dump with old bottles in it,yeah thats the ones [:D]

peejrey

Reaction score
Suzanne, If I were in your position, that guy would've be in the river...
Either that, or he wouldn't be going to a costume party, he'd be going to the ER..[;)]

I think a riverside hunt would be a great idea!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac