10 1/2 Inch Cobalt Triangle Owl Drug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

washingtonstatedigger

Reaction score
Hi,
My dad and mom found a 10 1/2 inch cobalt 3 sided Owl Drug Co. bottle. Anybody have any information on this? We have done a lot of looking but, cannot seem to find any example of one larger than 9 1.2 inches.
Thank you!

epackage

Reaction score
a few pic's would go a long way with helping you, posting it in the poisons forum may get you even better help....Jim

epackage

Reaction score
is that height with or without the stopper ?
Jim

washingtonstatedigger

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply Jim!
That is without the stopper, unfortunately I don`t have a picture. I was at my parents and they showed me it. It is a one winged (I think that`s what they are called) it shows the owl on one side, POISON on one side, and the other side I believe "Owl Drug Co." on the other side, across the top (shoulder area).
Sorry for the lack of pictures and info. Also I think it is approx. 4 inches wide on all 3 sides.
Thank you for the help!

epackage

Reaction score
Could be a GREAT find, if you post this in the Poison Forum Jamie(Poison_Us) should be able to help....He knows this stuff very well I think....Good Luck.....Jim

epackage

Reaction score
There ya go, and Jim(botlguy) has been at this for a few years[;)] more than me....congrats !!

botlguy

Reaction score
I will go so far as to offer you $400.00 for it right now if it's MINT. I always say:
"Put your money where your mouth is." But then, I'm sort of a cheap skate and not really collecting additional stuff now and an sort of broke. But my offer is sincere and stands. I have smaller sizes to put it with.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Hope I don't put a damper on botlguy's day by this....

First of all, are you absolutely sure it's 10 1/2"? The largest recorded size is 9 3/4", making this one extremely rare. I have seen the 9 3/4" advertised between $900 and $1450. Book value (2005, pre recession) is $1000 to $1200. Now the 1450 is what the guy was asking, doesn't mean he got it or would have come down some. It was at the Smyrna show some years ago and many bottles are overpriced, knowing they will try and be talked down.

Anyway, you can expect to it worth at least that amount, IF it is indeed 10 1/2" and undamaged as these prices are for undamaged examples. But you have to take in consideration that it's also a recession out there, things aren't selling for as much as they used to these days... 60%-70% of the big bottle's historical high is where they are selling, depending on who is buying at any given week.

Now, I would love to see the pic, and proof that it is this size. And if it is, you can bet you could be hearing from a few people from the club....and it will be the bottle that will add another size into the book.

namzug2

Reaction score
Actually I saw one at the fobh nevada bottle show. it was a gallon it was latticed and when I asked about the top the seller
said when they were this big they didn't have fancy tops. Ive seen comparable ones in the books be listed at 1,200
The gallon one at the show I didn't even ask about....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi