How much is a 1930s D series coke bottle worth?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Larry

Reaction score
I have a Coca Cola bottle from the 1930s a D series - actually found in a shipwreck - I would like to know the value of it please. It is a 6 fluid ounce bottle.
Description - Green tint Under Trade Mark Coca Cola italic
TRADE-MARK REGISTERED
BOTTLE PAT D-105529

TRADE MARK REGISTERED
MIN. CONTENTS 6 - FL OZS

hub

SAN FRANCISCO round

centre CALIF.

S

This is one bottle - I would appreciate to know what 1 bottle is worth
What 100 bottles are worth?

Many thanks

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Unopened? Are there any crates? Signage? -John

JohnRoy

Reaction score
"PAT. D 105529" (called the "D-Patent Cokes") were produced from 1938 to 1951. I do not have a book handy, but I think that they were listed at $15-35.00 when I last looked. Does that sound about right, folks? -John

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Larry, they were made from 1937 to 1948. After that Bottle Pat. was changed to US Patent Office. Worth about 4 bucks on a real good day. Some cities are worth alot more, Two Egg Al, Burntcorn Al, Wapeeka Fl. [sm=lol.gif]Don't know if these places really have their names on coke bottles but you get my meaning.

ronvae

Reaction score
If it was an actual shipwreck, and not one of the zillions of unclaimed sunken small boats...then you need to be really careful. Even if it is not designated historic or archeological, it could be in a park area, or somebody could have salvage rights already. [&o][8|]

Larry

Reaction score
The wreck is in the Philippine sea, and apparently there are 40,000 bottles! Of course open -even coke can't stand the pressure...... so who in their right mind might be interested?

ronvae

Reaction score
Well at least you don't need to deal w/ U.S. legal issues...I'd still figure out whose waters it is in, & try to find out if they have the death penalty for unauthorized salvage...if not, then have at it! What a hoot that would be. Of course, if you put them all on the market at once, there would be NO value. And if they are all in crates, they could all be from San Francisco, instead of all over. I think Warren's right, & only the rare cities are worth alot. Good Luck! [sm=tongue.gif]

BARQS19

Reaction score
Two Egg? Burntcorn Al? Are you serious? I've never heard of those towns, that's great. I'll be sure to look for those. Those aren't even listed in Porter's book. Usually D-Pat bottles are worth what someone is willing to pay, and that's usually because of where they are from. If they are in the Philippines then they are WWII cokes. Usually the WWII cokes were clear D-Pats with no towns. To me WWII cokes are worth more than regular D-Pats just because of the historical age. But even up into the 60s and 70s Coke plants were still using bottles from 1915, 1923. If the bottle wasn't broken they kept using it. So that means there's a good chance that there is some 1915s and 1923s mixed into all that. My dad told me when he was a kid every now and then a straight sided coke would pass through, hell it was a bottle the bottling co. didn't have to pay for they were going to use it. If it's not too much of a pain I'd get all of them. I am working on a deal now, someone told me on the MS coast near an army base there were thousands of coke bottles thrown out into the ocean. For some reason when the military bought coke they didn't work about returning the bottles. Just like the Gov't to waste money.
Robert
BARQS19

capsoda

Reaction score
Yeah Robert, those are real towns. I Hope to dig in Burntcorn someday, it was an out post in the late 1700s and its still there. You guys let me know when you get all these bottles up. May be interested in a few.

Larry

Reaction score
Well guys and gals what I'm really looking for is a buyer - they are on the sea bed and will have to be salvaged. How much is it feasible to expect to get for the bottles?
Remember they would have to be shipped out........

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi