Chemists Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crozet86

Reaction score
Hi,
I was going through a box of smaller bottles today and have one i need help identifying.It has on the front a sitting lion with some type shield in a circle.(PARBWERKE-HOECHST COMPANY) on the bottom.It is 3 3/4" tall and dark amber.

Thanks,

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
From the www:

The head of one of the five or six largest then still independent German chemical companies, Carl Duisberg of Bayer Farbenfabriken, set this process in motion. In 1904 he had visited the United States and had been deeply impressed with the degree of concentration of American industry. He wrote a discussion paper for his colleagues and competitors (Denkschrift, 1904), suggesting a fusion of all the German dyestuffs producers. It was another twelve years before Parbwerke Hoechst agreed to form the 'small I. G. Farben'; finally in 1924 all German majors -Bayer, Hoechst, BASF -and Casella, Agfa and Kalle Chemie formed the largest chemical combine in the world, the I. G. Farben (dyestuffs cartell).[77] It was a concentration of resources which was large by American standards and overpowering by the standards of any one chemical company in the UK I. G. Farben soon became one of the major exporters of chemicals to Australia. Not only was this a massive concentration in capital and production capacity, but also -even more important -in the generation of new products. I. G. Farben systematised industrial research.

-----Harry Pristis

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eloc1