PIO MORMO GENOVA OLIVE OIL?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

olddump

Reaction score
Had another great day found a SWAIM'S and a E. ROUSSEL that I have in books but a neat olive oil that I need help with it is 11&1/4 inches tall with a lump in the neck and a type of pontil it has a embossed seal that has OLIO D' OLIVE PIO MORO GENOVA around the seal and a dove in the center and five dots over the dove it is mold blown. Any info will be great Thanks T om Olddump

Vt57417.jpg

Attachments

• Vt57417.jpg
    Vt57417.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 73

olddump

Reaction score
I just want to refresh this and see if anyone recognizes it. Thanks, Tom, Olddump

deepwoods

Reaction score
Tom - I confess I know nothing about your bottle other than that its another cool old bottle that apparently no ones seen. Good find! Appears to be colorless and probobly a great candidate for purpling. At the very least its a great window bottle. I went out yesterday and found a shattered Drakes Plantation,a rare very deep aqua Hutch(almost apple green) wth the top broken off(why lord why?),and a nice,scarce Clyde Glass Works blob wth only underneath embossing.All in all a fun and frustrating day. Sounds like youve got some good spots up your way - be looking forward to some more pics.

olddump

Reaction score
Yeah, J.D. I have a dump I've been digging for three years now and have taken a few thousand bots from it. Afew 10 bottle days but mostly one to five and a handful of zeros[:mad:] but it keeps me excited and it's just post pontil but I think I'm getting closer to that era too. just recently a few irons[;)] but summer here is too buggy and hot but fall [my favorite] is close.
The olive oil does have a slight hint of purple now so you are right on the money there. I've never seen anything like it so that makes it mysterious for me and anything is a help. So I'll talk to you later and thanks again. I know of those days like you describe a wonderful day of great peices[:D] Tom, Olddump

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora