Guldens Capers before & after

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Just to show you that we dive in fresh water as well, I found this Gulden's capers bottle in the Conn River, outside of Hartford. This is what many fresh water finds look like before cleaning...[:'(]

Wayne

Xv63614.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63614.jpg
    Xv63614.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 107

slimdigger

Reaction score
RE: Guldens Capers bottle before...

Wayne, There is a similar bottle listed in Zumwalt's food book . It has everything your bottle has embossed on the front panel plus a patent date of March 29 , 1898. The bottle is listed as scarce . You really cannot go by the prices in this book as it was put out in 1980 but the variant with the patent date listed at $18.00. Slimdigger

southern Maine diver

Reaction score

Slimdigger...

Thanks for getting back to me. The bottle I found is in very very nice condition and you should see the stretch marks in the neck! These photos don't do it justice. I'll take some more pics of it and show it to you.[;)]

Wayne

slimdigger

Reaction score

It looks like an awesome bottle. I have dug many different Gulden's but never I have I seen a capers style bottle until you shared the beautiful one you have. I look forward to seeing the photos. Slim

southern Maine diver

Reaction score

Hey Slim...

You should see the stretch marks in the neck of this thing... I'll have to dig it out and get some more photo's... I'm still practicing with the digital camera and this'll give me an excuse![:D]

Wayne

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
SlimDigger...

Hey Slim, I tried taking more photos of the Capers, but I don't think they came out real well, you can't really see the stretch marks and when I looked real closely at it, there were a lot of very minute, fine scratches in it... Oh well, it still is a nice bottle and displays very well[:-]

Take a look...

Wayne

Db83690.jpg

Attachments

• Db83690.jpg
    Db83690.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 98

slimdigger

Reaction score
Looks real crude. that is the way I like em. The more maunucaturing defects the better in my book! I hit the dumps for a while this afternoon. Dug about 40 bottles and brought 25 home. No real killers. A fellow was digging next to me and after he left i checked out his pile of rjects. He had left a nice double collared whiskey cylinder. I guess he figure that if it was not embossed it was not worth keeping. Slim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky