Shoup's Grove next weekend

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

josmardavtom6

Reaction score
Hello, Is anyone going to Shoup's grove next weekend? I would like to check it out but I was wondering a few things about bottle shows. Is it "kosher" to bring a couple of bottle's along and ask questions? I have to many bottles and my boys and I really like searching for more but I really don't know where to start in selling some. I would love to talk to someone about where to start?? I only live 10 minutes away from Shoup's so I thought I would start there in asking questions.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Shupps Grove is a great bottle show. Its a bit different than most since its outdoors.
There should be no problem bringing some bottles for dealers to look at.
Most are very nice laid back people and will be glad to look at what you bring (assuming you arent hauling 10 crates of slicks).
If they arent , let us know and we will excommunicate them.
Shows like Baltimore even have a special free appraisal section where people will look at your bottles.
Just keep in mind not every bottle collector knows every type of bottle.
Be curteous and have paitence if they are dealing with customers.

hoping for none of this hot and humid hellish weather for Shupps.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Maybe I'll see you this time, Matt... will you be wearing some sort of Star Wars attire?

I agree with Matt - most people there love bottles and love to talk about bottles. Make sure you're talking with the actual bottle guys (& gals) there for the show, though, and not the regular vendors, who mostly know nothing about bottles.

I will have about 20 old fans for sale... first come, first served. Matt - you can have one for free if there are any left! Nothing fancy and all the same, but useful if the weather is brutal! I'm hoping for 75 with no humidity! [:D]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I intend to go. Not sure what i will wear yet. I will have to think up something identifyable. I usually wear non-descript camo color hiking clothes hard to see in the woods.

epackage

Reaction score
I would love to make it there this year...

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

I intend to go. Not sure what i will wear yet. I will have to think up something identifyable. I usually wear non-descript camo color hiking clothes hard to see in the woods.

Watch out for that weirdo with the red camera [8D][8D]
He will be wearing a puce jacket and pants.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: pyshodoodle

Maybe I'll see you this time, Matt... will you be wearing some sort of Star Wars attire?

I agree with Matt - most people there love bottles and love to talk about bottles. Make sure you're talking with the actual bottle guys (& gals) there for the show, though, and not the regular vendors, who mostly know nothing about bottles.

I will have about 20 old fans for sale... first come, first served. Matt - you can have one for free if there are any left! Nothing fancy and all the same, but useful if the weather is brutal! I'm hoping for 75 with no humidity! [:D]

Kate are you selling AC /DC power packs to go along with the fans?

josmardavtom6

Reaction score
Oh dear sounds like it will be interesting at the very least!! I hope the heat breaks soon too! but through Thurs of next week high 80's low 90's! Great boating weather just not weather for anything else. Now to make a decision on which few bottles to bring. I wish I had a really unique bottle to bring and ask questions about. might have to go out in the backyard and dig up some more bottles to see if I can find a good one (in the middle of the night to escape the heat!!). Thank you for all the help, I'll be the one dressed normally looking rather lost and excited by all the bottles i see.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi