Old Fruit Jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

debrah22

Reaction score
Regarding the closure/lid for this jar...my Dad had some papers with the Siddons jar that showed the dimensions, patent and type of lid. He says it was not inside the jar (like the stopple pics) but was over the outside of the jar rim......currently trying to locate the papers in his house :)

debrah22

Reaction score
Anybody have any advice on how to set a price on this jar ? I've contacted Greg at NAG also. If we auction it I guess it just goes to the highest bidder but do we set a minimum
or what ? Guess my question is what price can we expect ? Thanks!

georgeoj

Reaction score
The jar is very rare and very desirable. There is no way to set a price on such a jar other than auctioning it to the highest bidder. The NAG auction is, by far, the best place to do this. You will not need to set a reserve price since all of the top jar collectors will be there bidding.
George

RED Matthews

Reaction score
A special Hello and Thanks To all who jumped on this one. I have to admire and appreciate the function of this A-B-N FORUM. It is so meaningful and sincere, it blows me away some times. Thanks to a great bunch of people with a common interest. RED Matthews

cookie

Reaction score
If it goes thru NAG Greg will probably put a starting bid on it, 100- 200- just a guess. If you are going to sell it you can start it at any price........to get the best results you've got to reach the top collectors....I had a really rare jar and went through NAG....and got super results.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Agreed, no doubt NAG would be the way to go on such a rare jar. You could sell it yourself of course, but you will still get a better return if you have Greg sell it. One of the reasons with that too is Greg is very much respected in the hobby and his knowledge is very extensive with fruit jars. Especially these earlier jars. Buyers will know Greg has inspected every detail with your example, and nothing will be left to guess. [:)]

Best of luck whatever you decide to do with your fantastic example!

~Tim

keystonejarguy

Reaction score
Thank you for putting up jar for sell the other year I own this rare jar now and have to say what a great rare find a lot of people will see jar now Thank you again for finding in attic and bringing jar back to life

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
So, apparently this jar didn't get sold through NAG? Or did I just miss it? Yes, a photo would be wonderful as the previous pictures can no longer be accessed.

keystonejarguy

Reaction score
102_5914.jpg102_5915.jpg102_5913.jpg102_5916.jpgSorry Havn't been on in a long time But here are some pictures of jar This is a very rare jar only two known to exist and the other is cracked only two makes I think makes more valuable then Wm Hallers Lady Favarite Or Ramsay jars A great find

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94