Leather bound bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Aumie

Reaction score
I bought this at a yardsale today, The woman said it used to be her mother's, It's a green glass bottle bound in what I'm pretty sure is leather - the cork is wood and not glass. There's no apparent markings besides the design, the leather stretches across the bottom so I can't view any markings there. I did try to peek down the neck with a small LED but it was too difficult to tell if there was any markings within the bottle....I only paid 2 dollars for it, so if it ends up being nothing significant I won't feel too bad...but any info would be greatly appreciated!

013.JPG

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well Aumie, For your expenditure I think you got a neat bottle with a heck of a lot of great work having been done on it. I would certainly give it shelf room for just what it is.
RED Matthews

Aumie

Reaction score
Oh, i'll definitely be keeping it around, I've never seen anything like it before, not even at a local antique trade show we have here. hopefully someone here will recognize something about it, I'm really curious as to what exactly was in it, clearly most likely a liquor but i'd love a specific. My boyfriends going to try to bring over a better light in hopes of getting a glimpse inside to the bottom.....I have my finger's crossed.

epackage

Reaction score
These held liquor and there are millions of them out there Autumn, without a label there is really no way of knowing exactly which liquor it held....They look nice on a shelf....Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi