First Post

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum and have collected bottles for about a year. I do know a bit about bottles, mostly 1940s and newer beverages, but I don't know much about the older bottles (which I am starting to collect.)
I recently bought a small lot of older bottles for $12. There's some nice locals from St. Catharines, Ontario, a Bromo Seltzer, and an Iroquois beer. Later today, I will post some pictures of them in the pre-1900 forum.

Bottles R Us

kwalker

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, great bunch of people around here geared towards everything bottles. Looks like you caught the bug and it's festered into a full blown illness [;)] In all seriousness, $12 for a box of locals and a few others is a great deal in my book. If you're lucky, one of those might pay back the box seven-fold. Good luck and once again, welcome!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello Bottles R Us; The name fits the hobby, Welcome and if you want to learn about collecting older bottles, check my homepage and check the section on books. There I have listed some of the best books for learning about Hand made and Mouth blown bottles were made. These books will tell you a lot. I even have some duplicates to sell or you can check for them on the internet market place. One good one is the book BOTTLES by Michael Polak. The values won't work in today's economy, but a copy of it will help you learn what to look for and tell you a lot about the hobby.
If you know what you want to specialize in this book will help there also. Have fun and enjoy a great hobby. RED Matthews

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
carobran, do you collect Iroquois Beer stuff? I have a tray from the brewery that I picked up for $2, but it's in really bad shape. Kinda looks like somebody scrubbed it with sandpaper. The inside of the tray has been painted blue, but I can see the original gold along the edge. Is it worth trying to save this tray?

Bottles R Us

Bottles R Us

Reaction score
IF you want to see what's in the box, I've posted some of the bottles already. They're under New To The Collection.[;)]

Attachments

• F8B6DA4170E04DD89796DBF3A010C829.jpg
    F8B6DA4170E04DD89796DBF3A010C829.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 62

carobran

Reaction score
no,i dont collect IROQUOIS beer stuff,just got the beer at the local flea market,probably gonna sell it if i can ever figure out how to post pictures[sm=lol.gif]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac