The Dark Side continues...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Here's two more shadowy pieces...

We don't see enuff seal bottles on the forum...

Nl30939.jpg

Attachments

• Nl30939.jpg
    Nl30939.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 87

bearswede

Reaction score
Naw, Wayne...

I'm too old to go diggin' anymore... I do remember all those good times tho... with the mosquitoes, the snakes, the black flies, the rusty metal (tetanus), the broken glass, the broken Townsend's and, of course, the poison ivy... Ever had to show your female doc your privates raging with full-blown PI?

The BEAR: It's a figural, possibly Russian, that probably held a liquor called kummel, made from caroway seeds...

The last one I had was buried with my black Lab, named Bear, who died last summer at the ripe old age of 15... My wife had bought that one for me at the Albany bottle show a couple of years ago... Good ol' Bear has a host of grave goods, including ancient Roman coins and Inuit bear effigies...

We can't help ourselves...We're archeologists, after all!!!

Ron

Om34361.jpg

Attachments

• Om34361.jpg
    Om34361.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 86

capsoda

Reaction score
Man Ron, You need to stop. my wife saw that pic with the light shining through the bear and I thought I was going to have to tye her up.[sm=lol.gif] Booze made from caroway seed,and I thought rye tasted bad.[:'(] That stuff really sounds bad[&:] Your never to old to dig. Have the chillens or grandchillens break the ground and you grt in and pull out the bottles.[:)] Understand about bear. Been a dog guy all my life. I think I'm on my last one. Getting to old to handle the loss.

capsoda

Reaction score
Here one Ron. Not exactly blackglass but nice. A Fratelli Branca, Milano, paste mold tooled top, late 1870s. I have dug several of these.

Pm35093.jpg

Attachments

• Pm35093.jpg
    Pm35093.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 82

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member