Somebody wanted a bear picture...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

towhead

Reaction score
I think I put this up before, but if ya missed it... Eating birdseed -Julie

B9BCF0A43BE14DE69B69171DF2CE2DDE.jpg

Attachments

• B9BCF0A43BE14DE69B69171DF2CE2DDE.jpg
    B9BCF0A43BE14DE69B69171DF2CE2DDE.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 58

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Yeah they love that bird seed,and those bird houses! my dad lost 3 so far due to bird seed lovin bears[:D]

swizzle

Reaction score
That's a baby. An old neighbor of mine that hunted got one that dressed out at 631lbs. They estimated the live weight at well over 900lbs. Big ol' boar. He has the whole thing mounted in his living room window. The first hunter that the bear walked by waited for the bear to walk out of site. He dropped his 12 gauge right there and ran out of the woods. I don't think he hunts anymore. [:D][:D][:D]

towhead

Reaction score
Yeah, Rick, he/she and the moose have wrecked a couple of apple trees here. That bear in the pic tipped over a large grill, on the deck, in about October. I think it scared him. I don't think he's been back since.

Yeah swizzle, for sure, a baby. The gosh darn beavers around here are bigger than him/her! [:D] -Julie

Stardust

Reaction score
Great pic, they l@@k so cute! [;)] I will go l@@k outside today [8D] ~

swizzle

Reaction score
My Aunt and Uncle told me about their elderly neighbors encounter. She kept hearing something getting into her garbage can on the front porch. She grabbed a fly swatter to start swinging wildly at a 'coon to scare it off the porch. She threw the front door open and a big 400-500lber was staring at her through nothing more then window screen. She slammed the door and called her son. The next morning he found her garbage can about a hundred yards or so behind her house in the woods. The local DEC cepartment trapped 17 problem bears in an area where hunting isn't allowed and dropped them off in our area. Next thing you know they were handing out 12 gauge rubber rounds to any neighbor who had a problem. One guy had his shed ripped through because he put his garbage cans in there. The store on the corner had their dumpsters raided, my dad's grill was knocked over and one stood up and was looking through my cousins bedroom window. He says his window is over the 7 foot mark. We had a lot of bear troubles for a good 6 months or so. Most of them were killed by hunters. My uncle got a 300lber. She charged him after his first shot and he laid her to rest at his feet with his second shot. I bet he had to change his long johns after that one. Swiz

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: swizzle

My Aunt and Uncle told me about their elderly neighbors encounter. She kept hearing something getting into her garbage can on the front porch. She grabbed a fly swatter to start swinging wildly at a 'coon to scare it off the porch. She threw the front door open and a big 400-500lber was staring at her through nothing more then window screen. She slammed the door and called her son. The next morning he found her garbage can about a hundred yards or so behind her house in the woods. The local DEC cepartment trapped 17 problem bears in an area where hunting isn't allowed and dropped them off in our area. Next thing you know they were handing out 12 gauge rubber rounds to any neighbor who had a problem. One guy had his shed ripped through because he put his garbage cans in there. The store on the corner had their dumpsters raided, my dad's grill was knocked over and one stood up and was looking through my cousins bedroom window. He says his window is over the 7 foot mark. We had a lot of bear troubles for a good 6 months or so. Most of them were killed by hunters. My uncle got a 300lber. She charged him after his first shot and he laid her to rest at his feet with his second shot. I bet he had to change his long johns after that one. Swiz

It sounds like these bears were on PCP or something l[:-]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94