4,000 year old native american site

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
I've written about this kind of anyway in some of my other posts, There making a big highway up here,in Bennington county, it actully cuts very near to one of my best digging spots and I'm sure took some of it during it making, I was worried they'd close the dump up or mess with it somehow but it's untouched. Anyway, this was in the local paper last week and I thought it was interesting, I wonder if they'll also have some bottles from the dump and who knows what else they found.
I have no idea where exactly they found the Native American site just that it was along where there building this new highway.

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/ci_18592618?source=rss_viewed

archeological excavation of a 4,000-year-old Native American village. I must be the only person in Bennington County who had been unaware of such a discovery. The recovered artifacts are presently being stored in a Burlington warehouse. The artifacts will be put on display when the highway's Welcome Center is built.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Did they post any pictures of the artifact finds yet ? The link only told about the bypass not Native American site ,was an interesting article though .[:)]

VTdigger

Reaction score
No there was no pictures, I only learned of it last week while reading this article, I just thought it was interesting because it cuts through at least a small part of the huge town dump( 1920's late 60s) That I and alot of other people have been digging/finding stuff for years. I was really worried that they'd close the whole site off due to this construction and new highway, only a small part is visable from the nearest overpass and it's the later end of it anyway.
I have to ask around and so some research to see if I can find out where exactly the Native American site was found.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94