found some bottles and don't know the age new here

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

henny7

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm really liking this website. I came across a dump site on our property last summer ( first one) and found some neat old bottles. One of them is a Phenolax wafer bottle that stands about 2 1/2" tall and one is a 2 3/4" tall Q-ban for the hair bottle. Does anyone know the age of these? I think our building site has been here since the 1860's or so.
I appreciate your help.
Leah

Pontiled

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the Forum.

I used to dig quite a few of these at a site in upstate New York that dated from about 1890-1910. Your at the right spot to find some keepers!

henny7

Reaction score
Thanks Mike,
With those I found sev. ink bottles. The q-ban bottle is really cute. Do you have any idea what it might be worth? I knew what I was finding was old, but didn't realize they were in that time frame.
Leah

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi Leah do the bottoms of those two bottles have a I inside of a diamond.

henny7

Reaction score
David,
Yes they do.. the Phenolax bottle has the number 14 on it and the hair bottle has a 6 on it too. What does that mean???
thanx for any input

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi Leah yes the I inside a diamond is Illinois glass they have severval different marks for different time periods yours is 1916 to 1929.

henny7

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the information David. I have a lot of the bottles on display in our home, and now when someone asks, I can correctly tell them when some were made.
leah

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi