LIGHTNING JARS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
Here are two Ligthning Jars. They Look oldish so I thought I would post them to see if I can get some info. Thanks in advance
Kim

Yv65851.jpg

Attachments

• Yv65851.jpg
    Yv65851.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 146

Kim

Reaction score
The bottoms.
The larger one has written on it "PUTNUM 421"

Yv66306.jpg

Attachments

• Yv66306.jpg
    Yv66306.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 137

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Ok Kim! It's time to come clean! You've been on the forum for less than a month, and you've shown us more bottles than anyone else! You're really running the largest bottle emporeum in Australia aren't you! LOL - If you have half as much sucess finding gold as you have had with your bottles, you'll be able to retire and invite all of us down for vaction! - All expenses paid of course! Nice lightnings by the way.

Kim

Reaction score
[:D]LOL
I'm just getting in while I have the time and I do feel the household is being ruled by bottles, they are every where. It won't be long and we're off for five months, I am however taking the computer and the digital camera and I will stay in touch. I hope you all didn't just frown[>:]. lol. Hows about you strike a stunning rare bottle and we will all come over your way. I was hoping there would be something among the collection that takes somebody's fancy so they would buy the collection, I can see it is not that simple. O well. There are so many bottles I am not sure what to photograph next. I look through the forum and try and see if we have anything that relates to a particular post, then I have to try and find it. It's all too much[sm=rolleyes.gif].lol. If I happen to find a reasonable nugget you will all know about it.
Regards Kim

woody

Reaction score
I'm assuming you have a half gallon and a quart jar.
The half gallon is worth $15-20 and the quart is worth $6-8.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Kim, please do make sure you bring along your computer when you go into the frontier for 5 months, the forum just wouldn't be the same without your input. If I had the $ at the time I would have bought that collection as well. Do I recall that you paid $500AU for it? It seems to me that you have posted bottles that cummulatively exceed that amount by a fair margin. I apologize for being such a 'window shopper'! Have you been using e-bay to any success?

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Norm, Woody
I am trying ebay at the moment by auctioning a ute we have for sale. This is the first time I have ever done it. It all seems a bit complicated but once I actually went through the process it was rather simple. Can you explain how I would send the buyer a bottle if they purchased it. Our postage here is handled fairly rough and I would be very concerned that the buyer would recieve broken goods. I am off to Melbourne on Thursday for four days and I was going to try and see oz-riley while I was down there and show him some bottles, the only trouble is I have very limited room in my car (this could be due to been a typical woman lol). Oh, Norm please don't apologise about been a 'window shopper' I think it's wonderful, every body is so helpful.
Regards
Kim

woody

Reaction score
eBays' a great place to sell your wares, Kim.
It's very simple to list now than what it was years ago.
If you package your bottles correctly you shouldn't have to worry much about broken bottles, Kim.
I see sellers from Oz doing very well shipping to other parts of the world. You just have to figure out how much the shipping cost will be and pass it on the costs to the buyer.
If you have something desireable to sell on eBay it should do well for you.

I saw a football game in Melbourne, once. 1985.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Kim, In reference to shipping bottles safely, try this: Wrap the bottle in the large bubble wrap, then place it in a box surrounded on all 4 sides and packed pretty tight by styrofoam peanuts. Then take that box and put it in another slightly larger box, packing the space between the two boxes with peanuts as well. Make sure the buyer knows if he/she doesn't buy insurance, you are not responsible,or better yet, stipulate insurance is mandatory. Most people will want it anyway and they won't mind a little extra on shipping knowing it has been double boxed. Good luck, Kelley

Kim

Reaction score
Hi all
Thanks Woody and Kelley. I will give ebay a go in the near future with a bottle or two and see how it goes. I believe shipping to America is very expensive but if it was a good bottle I guess it would be worth it.
Thanks heaps
kim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi