full BARQ'S with wrong cap??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
There's just no way of knowing Dylan, at least yours in on the correct bottle...

mattinad

Reaction score
Thanks Dude!

It seems it is the correct color of pop for a "Strawberry" Barq's too... 9-)

I also found a full 12 oz Nehi with a "Nehi Black Cherry Soda" cap on it. Red and White label, pretty cool. Wodering if since I am still new to pop bottle collecting I am paying too much; I paid $20 for the Barq's and $15 for the Nehi. Am I being taken advantage of due to my ignorance of collecting (and also possibly me enthusiam for a cool looking bottle which is always obvious LOL).

epackage

Reaction score
Those prices seem high to me, but the acl experts will know for sure...

BARQS19

Reaction score
If it's a common bottle capped or not capped, they don't go for much. I know some folks like them full but I don't. You risk them exploding if they get too hot here in the south. If you ever see a Barq's bottle that's full, the cap is going to say Barq's on it somewhere. That first bottle that was shown was a generic cap, probably something used for home use. I have a ton of Barq's caps and bottles, wouldn't take much to fill them up and cap them so that being said, I wouldn't pay a bunch of money for one that's full when you can do it yourself. No one will ever know the difference.

Photon440

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

The Barq's factory wouldn't have had that cap in it's inventory and the cap is older than the bottle...[8D]

While you're most likely correct, it's not entirely impossible. I worked at a bottling plant in the '70s (Gray Beverage, Vancouver) and had a few bottles go out with the wrong cap. One, that I took off the line and still have, ended up with a Labatts 50 beer cap on a Pepsi bottle, and for sure there were no beer caps in our inventory!

However, they were obviously in the inventory of the company that supplied caps to us and one got mixed into our box of Pepsi caps.

-=Photon440=-

splante

Reaction score
I do the same, to me they display really nice and keeps the inside clean, while on disply on in storage, I would never throw food coloring in or 2012 soda in a bottle and try to pass it off as original 40,50,or 60,s full bottle
ORIGINAL: L C

I have quite a few jars of vintage bottle caps as well as owning a bottle capper . I use it for the sole purpose of placing an authentic bottle cap onto its original bottle , haven't used it in ages . And I would never fill a bottle to try and scam anyone .

EA4B4394A518473A8824369BDC32FE5F.jpg

Attachments

• EA4B4394A518473A8824369BDC32FE5F.jpg
    EA4B4394A518473A8824369BDC32FE5F.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 90

#1twin

Reaction score
Your cap is correct, but your bottle is not. All the flavored Barq's sodas like strawberry, creme soda, orange, and grape, were bottled in the curved bottles. By that, I mean the ones that curve inward on the bottom half. Your's is straight like the root beer. I drank a lot of the flavored ones. Creme soda was my favorite.[:)] Unless they bottled them somewhere else differently, which I doubt, thats the way they did it here in Biloxi the home of Barq's. The prices were a little high also. Hope this helps.

Marvin

BARQS19

Reaction score
The bottle is correct as only Biloxi used the concave bottles and only for a short period of time during the 50s. After the "Bill Barq Bottle" came out they started bottling everything in that bottle then back to the blue label. Also I have heard of other caps getting mixed in with a batch of caps.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: #1twin

Your cap is correct, but your bottle is not. All the flavored Barq's sodas like strawberry, creme soda, orange, and grape, were bottled in the curved bottles. By that, I mean the ones that curve inward on the bottom half. Your's is straight like the root beer. I drank a lot of the flavored ones. Creme soda was my favorite.[:)] Unless they bottled them somewhere else differently, which I doubt, thats the way they did it here in Biloxi the home of Barq's. The prices were a little high also. Hope this helps.

Marvin

#1twin sent you a PM.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94