New collector in central Ma, seeking partner

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mike O

Reaction score
Hi, I am a new collector (sort of) I did a LOT of digging when I was a kid and have been away from bottles for 25 years. Somehow I just got the bug again. I am mostly interested in flasks for my collection but interested in digging all. I am a local business man and a call firefighter and have talked to a few homeowners here in Harvard Ma. and have permission to dig, But would like to fine someone that is interested in helping out. I don't like to sound of going down a old well or outhouse hole without someone else watching over. Thanks

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Mike O...

Welcome to the forum... hope you meet some of the guys and gals that hang out here! It's a lot of fun.

I live in Southern Maine and I come down to Mass every so often. I don't dig a lot (yet) but I spend most of my time underwater in the lakes, ponds, rivers and inlets doing my bottle searches. A couple friends and I travel around northern New England and we are always looking for spots to check out...

I was into bottle digging/hunting in the early 70's as well and I got the "bottle Bug" back when I found a beautiful Stoddard double Eagle 1/2 pint! It cleaned up just great[8D]

I haven't found anymore, but sure have found a lot of other nice stuff... Good to talk to ya and maybe we can hook up this year...

Happy New Year to you and have a safe holiday,

Wayne

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Mike...

I'm up here in the hills of western MA... Haven't dug since the 70's... Would like to do some again... Got some arthritis and all that other old age stuff, but willing to give it a try...

Ron

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Mike, Welcome to the forum. It won't take long to get back in to the swing of didding.

WOW! The Bear is headed back to the woods.[;)] Good To here your thinking about digging again Ron, it will make you feel 13 again. At least for a while.[sm=lol.gif]

Hey Wayne, Welcome back. Hope the holiday was good to ya. Did you find anything down here?

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Capsoda...

Thanks Warren, nice to be back, but I have to tell ya, they had to drag me on the plane!!! I didn't want to come home! I'm ready to sell my house and buy something down near Venice or Clearwater! What a great, relaxing time I had with my wife and the boys... Gained 8 to 10 lbs, but I'll work that off this spring...[8|]

Tried to go diving on two dive charters for Shark teeth, but both of them were cancelled because of rough seas and then on the next day, there was zero visibility. The captain of the boat would not let me go into the water "Liability" reasons I guess. He just doesn't know what the experience level is of some of these divers and he does not want o put anyone in jeopardy, can't say that I blame him...[&o]

So, now that I'm back and I didn't get a chance to find ANYTHING... I have a craving for glass that I just can't satisfy... so I'm going to have to haul out some of the bottles I found last year and put them up on the forum for y'all to take a gander at... (see how I picked up that there southern drawl and lingo?)

Talk to y'all soon,

Wayne[:D]
(Wanna be Floridian cause it's warm and "ah kin daive all day.")

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wayne, come and check out my area first. As far as I know bottle diving is not popular hear for some reason. 5 forts, 400 year old city, many river towns that no longer exist, Mobile and Pensacola bays, Nunez Ferry Landing right here in Seminole. Great story behind that, $.[;)] Lots of your kind of work. And I need a dive instructor I trust.[sm=lol.gif]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Cap...

Geeze Warren... it wouldn't be because of all the snakes, gators, crocodiles, zero visibility, sharks, sasquatches, big foots, rebels, missing links etc that you have down there... would it be???[sm=rolleyes.gif]

Those warm waters breed some nasty thangs!!!

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Ain't nuttin in them thar waters that'll eat ya hole.[sm=lol.gif]At least I don't think so?[&:]

I all ready told you theres only me, cindy and the boy and about 500 million Yankee folk.[8|]

An you forgot them harrycanes.[sm=rolleyes.gif]

We done et most tha gators an snakes.[&:]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Cap...

I know y'all didn't eat all of the gators, cause we had some for apetizers at Crabby Bill's in Clearwater!!! it was Gator balls... or gator chunks... or Gator nuggetts... sumpin ike gatt (something like that!!) Anyway, it tasted like chicken... a bit stringy, but tasty...

Wayne

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp