Might liven things up a little

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deepbluedigger

Reaction score
I hope this will be OK with the admin / moderators. If not, then please just close this thread down .....

.... I thought it might be good, in these times of economic adversity and general doom and gloom, to give folks an opportunity to add a new bottle to their collection for free and without even having to do any digging. So I'm putting two bottles - one British and one American - up as 'prizes' in a draw. Any forum member can enter just by replying on this thread and saying they want to be included. Closing the end of Saturday 11th September, PDT (given time difference between the UK and the western US that means around my breakfast time on Sunday). On Sunday 11th September (or Monday 12th if I'm digging on the Sunday) I'll put all the entered names in a hat and pull out two. First two user-names out of the hat will be the winner and the runner up. The winner will get to choose which of the bottles they would like to have, and the runner-up will get the other bottle. I'll cover the cost of getting the bottles posted to the winners. Only one entry per member.

Don't get over-excited. These aren't big money items even in mint condition, and neither of them is perfect. See the descriptions below. It's just a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously.

The bottles are:

- Clarkes // Constitution Bitters // Lincoln . 7" tall, aqua, smooth base. British, around the 1890s. A scarce bottle, but very under-rated in Britain where bitters are not really collected. This is the same Mr Clarke who used the common pale blue 'World Famed Blood Mixture' bottles that some forum members may be familiar with. But thsi was one of his less successful products and is the only example I've had in 30+ years of collecting. Some inside stain, some light patchy sickness, and a fine annealing / stress crack in the lip, around 1/2 to 2/3 the thickness of the glass and 1/4 - 3/8" long. Would benefit from some TLC (like a light tumble), but could be a nice addition for anyone who likes bitters and isn't too worried if they're American or not.

- B O & G C Wilson / Botanic Druggists / Boston. . 4.25" tall. American. Hinge mold, OP, aqua, rectangular, some inside stain and a 5mm x 5mm chip to a rear base corner. I don't know much about US pontils but this is probably a common one. But it's still a pontil.

So anyone who wants a chance at a free bottle, reply on this thread. I've posted it in this section so that only registered forum members get to see it!

EF1E53904ACD4ACCB2F4F529E8162CED.jpg

Attachments

• EF1E53904ACD4ACCB2F4F529E8162CED.jpg
    EF1E53904ACD4ACCB2F4F529E8162CED.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 87

epackage

Reaction score
Great idea and I would like to say "I'm in"
Thanx for the chance,
Jim

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I am sitting here at work on my brake with nothing to do so I popped on ABN yeah why not I'm in,I don't own any british bottles. Count me in

LC

Reaction score
I always did like free ! Count me in as well .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi