HURRICANE IRENE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

#1twin

Reaction score
I hope all you diggers along the East Coast stay safe and protect all your great collections.
At least you can count on the storm washing up some good stuff in the creeks and rivers in your area, when it is all past and done.
Living in the area of Hurricanes, like Katrina and Camille, I know what the East coast is in for. Thankfully it will not be a CAT 4 or 5. Stay safe and best of luck, Marvin

TJSJHART

Reaction score
i agree all you peoples who live in it's path take care ,,,and good luck

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Well, I'm here in storm path central, we already got 10 inches of rain in one day last week - several local lakes overflowed & blew out the dams, I went to one looking for bottles and found this old wooden wheel instead, wonderfully preserved by immersion in South Jersey lake silt for 100 or so years. Looks like an early car wheel (model T?) rather than wagon, still has a brake drum on it.... We're supposed to get another 10 - 15 inches, gonna flood quite nicely, at least I live on top of a hill. Water won't get me, just the tree branches. Once the power comes back up, I'll let you know what washes out...

1A328828782A49A599011CCAC3FD1B8A.jpg

Attachments

• 1A328828782A49A599011CCAC3FD1B8A.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 32

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Ratzilla

Well, I'm here in storm path central, we already got 10 inches of rain in one day last week - several local lakes overflowed & blew out the dams, I went to one looking for bottles and found this old wooden wheel instead, wonderfully preserved by immersion in South Jersey lake silt for 100 or so years. Looks like an early car wheel (model T?) rather than wagon, still has a brake drum on it.... We're supposed to get another 10 - 15 inches, gonna flood quite nicely, at least I live on top of a hill. Water won't get me, just the tree branches. Once the power comes back up, I'll let you know what washes out...

Rat you reffering to the great flash flood from last friday night?? Rahway all street had 8 + inches of water flooding all roads... it was a night mare tryon to drive thru that crap...

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Don't remember what day it was, just that it was friggin' wet. I took a video of our local lake overflowing, washed out a little of the road but the dam held, see how it does this weekend. Found a hunk of BMW bumper with a German license plate in the washout the next day, took the tag and threw the bumper away (it was only plastic)....

kwalker

Reaction score
We got 7 inches here in Woodstown Rat. I didn't get a chance to see what might have washed up but I'll definitely look after this weekend considering we're in for another 5 to 10 inches. Where in Mullica hill are you located? I drive through there almost on a weekly basis going out to Cross Keys.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Ratzilla

Ya get any milk bread and eggs??? [8D]

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Got milk & liquid bread(case of Sam Adams), that ought to do. Hey Kwal, I'm right on Main St., you probably drive right by my house every time you go through here, it's the one with all the digging buckets at the back of the driveway...

kwalker

Reaction score
I'll have to look harder next time I go through for sure. Mullica Hill has some beautiful old houses. I always drive past Mill Pond wondering if there's anything in there. I guess that wheel's been sitting there the whole time without me every knowing! It looks like that pond was always really low, like there was a hole in the dam. I know Woodstown had the dam replaced about 10 years ago. Too bad I didn't know what there was to find there.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi