Hahne & Co. Newark N.J.?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
The "Ball (script) Mason's N Patent Nov 30th 1858" (on front) with "Hahne & Co Newark N.J" around a star would be Red Book # 264 made by Ball Bros Glass Mfg Co. Muncie, Indiana (also listed as # 302-1 in The Fruit Jar Works Vol. 1) Circa 1890's for Hahne & Co.
The N was placed below the script ball and above the Patent. No idea why other than as a means of differentiation between batches.
Hope that helps and BTW red book 9 lists it as Qt at 1250-1750
Perhaps one of the Ubber collectors here has one and can provide a pic. [:D][:D][:D]

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Corey,

Thanks for that. You mean like this one?
23d.jpg
"Ball N 1858!

Another extremely nice jar from Rick. An aqua Ball MASON'S N PATENT NOV. 30TH 1858 with very good embossing.This is a tough jar to find and even tougher with good embossing as this jar shows." From.

Sometimes ya gots to seek them über guys out...

popup.jpg

coreya

Reaction score
Surfaceone, If that has the "Hahne & Co Newark N.J" around the star on the reverse side that would be the one. Still a nice jar even without it.

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: coreya

Surfaceone, If that has the "Hahne & Co Newark N.J" around the star on the reverse side that would be the one. Still a nice jar even without it.

Hey Corey,

But, it doesn't have Hahne & Co., at all. I was trying to find the "N" in "N Patent," cuz those über guys are ignoring this entirely. Unless, you, Corey, are an über guy, just messing with us clueless guys. [8D]

oneshot.jpg

coreya

Reaction score
The only thing I know about this series of jars is that Ball corp or whoever owned them at that time made a whole series of jars A to Z and numbered 1 to 490 in the masons patent and these molds were reused over and over by whoever owned them with the Ball Corp making the Hahne & Co jars using that particular mold. Why they did a lettererd or numbered series is above my paygrade.[:D][:D] I wish I had this quality of jar!!!
Here is a link to a picture of the hahne jar. Hahne & CO

surfaceone

Reaction score
rb264.jpg
From.

Thanks Corey,

That's a great looking jar. Now, I'm just supposing, looking for some guidance, that the Ball / Mason N Natent Hahne pictured above is a slightly earlier model than Connor's former Mason's No N Hahne & Co.

I associated the sloping shouldered types with or without ground rims to be the older form. Yes? Connor's was sporting a more rectangular profile, I thought.

tumblr_lyimp6hAst1qgtqgzo1_r1_500.jpg

coreya

Reaction score
That would be correct the one shown in the first post of this disscussion is an #1163 pint made by the ball corp a little later than the #264 quart shown above but not by much, no more than a couple years perhaps as much as 10 years so late 1890's to early 1900's. Many of these various forms of jars overlap in production as these companys wanted to produce as many as they could so every machine or person was worked like dogs and nothing was wasted.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Corey,

You're über + for helping to educate the clueless. Thanks for the tune up.

6664860257_ac559634f3_z.jpg

dygger60

Reaction score
Now I would LOVE to get an example of that jar pictured above..and aquired mold N patent with Hahne reverse...woof....

Better have some deep pockets for that jar...nice....very very nice.

David

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis