The Long Branch collection:

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

macandkatina

Reaction score
How do you get started in finding the information on a specific bottling company, so you can collect a bottle collection like this one. Very nice bottles!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I just went down to the river and saw some glass one day.. stuck a shovel in the mud and started pulling out bottles. I was living in Long Branch at the time so naturally I was finding a lot of locals. I don't actually know much about most of the bottlers, but when I go to bottle shows and flea markets I meet people who know the history of this or that company.. being active in the hobby, the knowledge just accumulates.. a lot of folks on this forum also keep an eye out for me, which is extremely cool of them!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I just went down to the river and saw some glass one day.. stuck a shovel in the mud and started pulling out bottles. I was living in Long Branch at the time so naturally I was finding a lot of locals. I don't actually know much about most of the bottlers, but when I go to bottle shows and flea markets I meet people who know the history of this or that company.. being active in the hobby, the knowledge just accumulates.. a lot of folks on this forum also keep an eye out for me, which is extremely cool of them!

It's been the same for me. I do active research all the time on my local bottlers, and have accumulated so much information, I am making a website about them! Charlie has more bottles than me, but I do a lot of research on them too! The Internet is a great place to do research.

researcher101

Reaction score
I have a herman kruse bottle that was just recently gifted to me but I cannot find any information on it at all.
Herman Kruse, Frank Mazza..

F8A3A062DC0848BABC2E97F598DCA8DE.jpg

epackage

Reaction score
I have a herman kruse bottle that was just recently gifted to me but I cannot find any information on it at all.
Herman was born in February of 1872 in Jersey, he lived at 13 Liberty St. with his family, father Herman who was a carpenter, his younger siblings Harry and Mary. Harry worked for him as "bottle packer", two other siblings Henry & Paulina died in 1882 at the young ages of 8 and 3, a tragic time for the family. His dad was a laborer before becoming a carpenter for many years...

LIsaT

Reaction score
Hello. I am looking for information on bottles from Herman Kruse. He was my great great uncle. I have been doing ancestry research and have come across articles about the bottling company. I see people mention having a bottle from there. I am new to all this and am wondering how hard it is to find one or where I would begin if I was looking. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu