B.R. Lippincott soda?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

brlippin

Reaction score
Hello all out there,
Does anyone out here in the wide internet world have any information about a soda bottle embossed with B. R. Lippincott from about 1850 or so? It's from Stockton California and is also embossed with Superior Mineral Water and Union Glass Works on the reverse.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
You're on target with your date; Union Glass Works operated in Philly PA in from 1845 -1860. The Superior water was distributed in their bottles. What color is your bottle? It's not blue and pontiled by any chance?

crozet86

Reaction score
Hi,
If it is a graphite pontil,10 sided , blue,Kovell's listed it in their 12th edition for 880.00.I would do some more checking because i might be wrong.But,either way it is a very nice bottle.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I did a quick search when I saw your post. There's a company called heckler auctions that has one listed for $300 - $600. I'm not sure if you use google, that's how I found it. at hecklerauction.com It's auction #60 on line. If that's the bottle you have, it's a beauty!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hey Eddie, you beat me to the punch! but just barely lol I usually hit the search engines when I see these posts, but I guess the book would have been quicker. By the way, the heckler site has very good photos of the bottles they have. Getting any digging in down there? I was just talking with my son on line in Athens WV, he said it had been fairly warm the past couple of weeks.

brlippin

Reaction score
Thanks to one and all of you!! I find it extraordinary that this bottle has my same initials.
-Ben Lippincott

Maine Digger

Reaction score
That's too funny. lol - I had a very good friend named Dave Lippincott out here in Maine some years ago he just kind of drifted away...he was a left over from the flower child days. lol Not any relation to you is he.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Polak's 3rd Edition lists this bottle from $800.00 to $2000.00, but a lot of people believe his price guide runs on the high side. So there you have it . $300.00 to $2000.00! Any way you look at it though, it's a nice bottle![:D] Kelley

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky