Any good finds this weekend?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Well today I have to be happy with my rummage finds, because detecting at the park was, well, dismal.....I feel like a trainee. 5 pennies, and 2 dimes, small triangle of copper,some brass washers and thats all.

On a good note, I have discovered some new areas to detect tomorrow. Couple of parks and schools. Today the one side of the park I like to work had a wedding, and didnt want a bunch of drunks tagging behind asking incoherent questions. So, I did the small side.

Iron.....I am impatiently awaiting your report about the area depicted in the photo. I am sincerely hoping you found something. A BIG find would be nice!

ironmountain

Reaction score
digger,

was that you at my park? finding a quarter the hard way!

well I ended up only having 20mins tonight to hit the old school site...

.they'd been shutting their workstations down on the day of the backup. Not paying attention to the yellow post it note on their monitor and the big reminder on their desk calenders that I marked specifically on each thurs of the week.
So that was an easy fix.

Somehow a virus/trojan/hunk of malware whatever shows up. I'm thinking, damn, nice work....I have their wireless/hardwire router's firewall config'd and setup. I have the wireless shut off on her pc and on the router. So she only has just a cat5 cable from wall to modem, router, pc. and Trend Micro's business suite thing(which has a config'd software firewall)...am not able to run anything that goes online or has the properties of security software...boot into safe mode/networking. run scans from regcleaner,ezcleaner,spybot,malwarebytes. all come up with 0 threats...
Run TM's Antivirus and I stopped looking at it after 2hrs of seeing each file with this huge line of text (running the scan in "DoS" mode) with each service, file it goes to virus, couldn't quarrantine so deleted it. it's only at 15% completed and I text her that I won't be back 'til Monday because of the wait time for this scan to go through....turns out she "accidentally" turned off the scan junk as it comes through mail or internet option..

I look outside, it's 5:30...1hr left max to detect...get outside, wife texts me...buddy from back home texts me..finally turned off the cell and spent the last 20mins to myself. start at the edge of the road so I can work my way to the stairs that are original and go from bldg to road...I get about 15 feet..just picking up junk so far and wife shows up to get me....so no time to even get pics..

Told wife that she's running me there tomorrow so I can spend a few hrs... Was actually pretty nice. Wasn't sure how the residents were going to like some youngster digging in "their" lawn....The grandma's were more interested in what I found than little kids get.

I've gotta dig the side of that hill...the miners would eat lunch on top of it and it's a huge slope that's cut into 3 "steps"...some of the stuff they tossed down there after eating has to be there. and there's a mineshack at the base of the other hill that I'm going to snoop in. Its all city property so I can go there and play around.

here's another pic of the school...better view with the 2 annex buildings there..those are gone..now a small parking lot and a graduated slope going up to the current indoor ice arena...elementary school lower right, lower left the empty lot that is still empty...behind is the hill up to the top of the mine. really cool little block there..The cement stairs you see facing you with kids walking down them are still there...I was on the other side of the bldg. heading to the other set of stairs....

E66FB5D959A043D1A2A8FCB9E6BFC711.jpg

Attachments

• E66FB5D959A043D1A2A8FCB9E6BFC711.jpg
    E66FB5D959A043D1A2A8FCB9E6BFC711.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 72

Dugout

Reaction score
Happy hunting you guys. Hope you detect something great.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Just 1 mercury dime (1922) and a unreadable wheatback penny (64coins total). We did hit some rummage sales. I got a neat little crock type jug Boone whiskey from Kentucky. Looks like a quart jug with cork stopper for .50 cents, and a couple military pins for 50 cents.

About 1/2 were kiddie shows and we blew past them. No brass/alum/copper scrap today. Maybe hit a few tomorrow for the big "clearance name your own price" sales.

Good luck tomorrow shoppers!!

accountantadam

Reaction score
Ironmountain - I've never seen anything like that horn before...pretty cool! Hit an auction saturday morning, bought an old carpenter's trunk, a double tree, a square shovel, 2 trailer tags from 1932, a B&O Railroad tool, an old hay trolley??, an old gas can, and some implements for a toy tractor. Was supposed to go dig through some barns, so we left the auction early, and the guy backed out on showing the barns. Yesterday got up and hit a flea market, got a stack of 22 licences plates, mostly 50's and 60's. I also got another fruit jar for my collection. Anybody else have any luck?

ironmountain

Reaction score
That's the ugly Pfaltzgraff vase I had..From the hours of research I put into it, it's one of the first colors they used for pottery and stuff..1930's ish...I picked it up at a rummage sale for a buck or so...was a nice turnaround...k...off to fix computers and go detect some fun stuff...

Aumie

Reaction score
I found this plate while cleaning out our old farm shed that used to be my grandparents. I really don't know anything about china or pirkenhammer, the only thing I know about borgfeldt is that it closed in '76 and they imported porcelain. But I figure a few hours on google may fill me in.

Also found an old percolator, and a vintage kodak camera.

04FFD1D8FA144946A8BD132CA216400C.jpg

Attachments

• 04FFD1D8FA144946A8BD132CA216400C.jpg
    04FFD1D8FA144946A8BD132CA216400C.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 75

MIdigger

Reaction score
Those are some nice finds. Ive not dug or found any intact. Some pieces had the date on them and the mfg. Earliest one was 1880.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Might go this afternoon and see if anyones got a sale. If they did they probably had low attendance and may be some good deals to be had today.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch