Any good finds this weekend?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

accountantadam

Reaction score
Went to a concert saturday in Columbus, hit a couple yard sales on the way up. Found a small mccoy bowl and 4 cast iron banks. Found a flea market sunday on the way back, bought a nice stack of license plates, a postal scale from 1968, and a book on calculating interest tables. Anybody else come up with anything good?

MIdigger

Reaction score
Acct---slim pickings for me. I got a 1935 Conoco U.S. map book (binder type) a war rations booklet, a Victory (1943) tax booklet. About 5 lbs of scrap brass items, some scrap aluminum cookie sheets, a key chain some military pins, Shell oil presidential brass collector coins and 2 new master padlocks for a buck each.

Probably hit 20-25 total sales with I think 3 I bought from. Including a church rummage that was my first or second church dud. rarely do I not come alway with all the aluminum pans and brass items or electric cords.

Next weekend were going to have the man cave sale here so I hope to get rid of some things.

Olrik

Reaction score
I got some soda bottles which are full and so sodas from france and also a few beer and 2 milks and some insulators. Hit antique places and an auction will take pics at a latter time

VTdigger

Reaction score
I had a few good finds. First I bought Cushman colonial end table, Cushman was a furniture manufacturer from 1892-1971. The colonial line ran from the 30's to the 60's. the old factory in North Bennington is about a 15 minute drive from my house and the site of my first full time job that makes plastic hangers now. this one had the brass tag that people used to take off. at a different sale I found 2 1880's-90's perfume bottles,both different brands, a Berkshire (Mass.) soda or water from 1095-18, a Dr. Pierces golden medical discovery and a nice porcelain winged lion soap holder from an unknown maker.
It was my last sales of the year so it was cool to finish with some good finds.
to top the weekend off I found a new digging spot with bottles from the teen early 20's it was unexpected and I had no tools, only some strong sticks to poke around with but it's looks good and I can't wait until Saturday when I can dig it proper hopefully they'll be some good stuff.

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Picked up this cool BOY SCOUT BOOK for 2 bucks. Never any luck finding good bottles at yardsales around here, only see commons.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
At a flea market I bought an original 1754 Dutch East India company coin that circlulated in manhatten.

accountantadam

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had some luck this weekend!. Glad to hear some of you are finding bottles. I didn't see anything but overpriced commons this weekend.
Folly-I like that book, don't think i've seen one before
VTdigger - Is that cushman furniture rare? Is all of their stuff marked?
MI - Wish I was closer, I'd hit that mancave sale up.

ironmountain

Reaction score
You guys get some nice finds. I never see bottles at rummage sales here. Other than those bottles that people put water/oil and spices and junk in.

Wife won't let me spend much money on stuff, so i have to be selective. I have about 19 bags full of stuff in the basement.

Occupied Japan stuff, Marcroft/pfaltzgraf/McCoy bean pots, brown drip teapots from same companies, an Edison Diamond Disc phongraph with all of the original discs, about 5 boxes full of ACL's, golf hat from 1993 ameritech open signed by ray floyd, simon hobday and don massengale, redwing prarie home companion commemorative 30yr mug, jadeite stuff, mikasa stuff, pottery from the guy who started the american pottery movement, Frostie Root Beer glasses, fire king, Fenton pieces and a '66 Thunderbird with a 428 in it (they only put those in the last 6months of production)....the list goes on...and on...
She's sick of seeing it take up the laundry table and the floor under it..So no more buying stuff until I get rid of some of this stuff..

accountantadam

Reaction score
ironmountain - sounds like you have some pretty good stuff in the basement. I always do well with anything mccoy, jadeite, fire king and fenton. The fenton stuff is getting hard to find down here, or the prices have really gone up. To be expected I guess since they announced they're not making it anymore. I'm really lucky that my wife tolerates all my buying and selling as well as she does. I think she's beginning to lose patience now though. We're getting ready for a big sale the 3rd weekend in October, and I've got stuff everywhere.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum