So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
I got out for a few hours myself today. Came back with 26 coins (2-qtr,9-dimes,1-nickel,14-pennies) a silver ring, some scrap copper and a cigar store coin that says value 50 cents.

The funny part was as I was detecting a small pull off near a lake the husband got out and went to fishing. Grandma and the grandson wanted to know if I "Ever find anything?" as I was combing a small chuck that Id got a hit in. Out popped the silver ring. I said "why yes ma`am as you can see here this is a silver ring" I let them look at it as I filled the hole back neatly.

She gave me the ring back and asked quite a few questions about detecting which I answered (although I was in a quandry). I wanted to be polite but my batteries had died and I needed to get back to the auto for fresh batteries and that was a few hundred yards away. Finally I excused myself and swapped the batteries out.

Kept detecting until the geese started bombing in and I sat back and watched them. Finally packed it in and gave everything a rinse. Hope some of you got out this weekend.

Brandons Bottles

Reaction score
Nice ring, I haven't found a ring yet. I went out today and found over 60 pennies in one hole (They're still soaking) and I lost count at around 60. No wheats though and I also got a 1967 quarter and a 2 other pennies. Nothing real old though. Good luck and HH.

riverdiver

Reaction score
Sorry but I was sick saturday with a stomach bug and I am pulling a 24 at the firehouse today, I am however doing two more lake beaches tomorrow and will post in the afternoon.

MIdigger

Reaction score
BB-thats a good find 60 in one hole! Ive got maybe 10 in one if I remember. 60 sounds like a kid was building his millions! That ring was the 5th Ive found this year (2 gold,3 silver). I hadnt found any before this year, but Ive been detecting more this year than in the past. The first gold was very light and had jade in it. Found at a playground in woodchips. Gave that to my sister. I am sure you will come up with some rings when you least expect it!

Those rings have been in the most odd places. None have been deep either, average has only been a few inches at most. Now those coins have been all over from surface to 8 inches. Looks like the other gold one I will have to hold for awhile. It was worth 255.00 I believe for scrap shortly ago. Now with gold diving I know its lost value. So it will sit in the safe.

RD- well I know your area should give you more finds. Will be wating to hear what you find also. Looks like we maybe washed out 100% chance of T-storms today.

ironmountain

Reaction score
I hit the inlaws front yard where the barn used to be. I found a belt buckle from the boyscouts or military. One of the old web belt style. I found a pendant out in the middl oe fo the field. It's tthe face of a bull. still need to clean him up. Between taking daughter hunting, son hunting and digging a few of the places I should settle one and finish this.

I then thought I hit the motherlode. There is a huge tree behind the house and my father in law said that's been the drinking area forever. All of his relatives, relatives before them etc...so I'm detecting and I get huge signal. Constant penny/dime over and over the same reading 98-71 over and over..I'm thinking I found a nice Mason jar full of goodness... I start digging with my Ames digger and i get to the depth of that and still haven't hit this target. I said screw it,grab the spade and dig a 12" hole in a big circle. I see a flash of yellow and blue. It's a barrel...LIke the kind they put at the entrance to auto part store. I dig under it and all four sides. I get this barrel pulled halfway up, run out of patience ad grab the masonry spike and hammer. Puncture a hole in it thinking it's going to be awesome.....I tell father in law about it he says what I dug up was the old well. That was fun. I know my wife's grandma. She was never one to deal with banks etc..and neither was her husband.

Wanted to take my revenge out on my park, but we get home and it's dowpour city...

riverdiver

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,

I only hit one lake beach today and I hit silver at 6", a nice 1925 Mercury Dime, the rest of the coins were shallow but this was a nice surprise.

240D12B306104D37B301D4256D206C68.jpg

Attachments

• 240D12B306104D37B301D4256D206C68.jpg
    240D12B306104D37B301D4256D206C68.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 110

riverdiver

Reaction score
Here is an in situ close up.

EFEEAE9CD8E54FB8BC346206134C5AA0.jpg

Attachments

• EFEEAE9CD8E54FB8BC346206134C5AA0.jpg
    EFEEAE9CD8E54FB8BC346206134C5AA0.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 110

riverdiver

Reaction score
Here is the latest beach...The rest of the finds were 4-dimes, 6-pennies and a 32 caliber shell casing.

8BEA190B7C3B4448A5C3597350E1A8F3.jpg

Attachments

• 8BEA190B7C3B4448A5C3597350E1A8F3.jpg
    8BEA190B7C3B4448A5C3597350E1A8F3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 112

MIdigger

Reaction score
Iron- I can see where you wouldve been excited. The thought of pulling up a big haul would be great! I think thats what keeps us all going "The big payoff".

RD- nice `25 merc there. Always nice to find silver.

I went out about 5pm and hit a parking lot near baseball fields again. Got 23 coins today (1-qtr,5dimes,17pennies) and something I need a bit of help with....A metroploitan transit authority one fare token. Appears to be copper or brass. Is this from New york? First time Ive seen one around these parts, slightly bigger than a penny and somewhat thicker also. Oh, and the standard 2 pcs of copper scrap I seem to fine each time out.

ironmountain

Reaction score
Nice merc! I love some of the older coins. Nice artwork on them.

I'd love to find a Walking Liberty or Peace Dollar...coolest looking coins ever.

You guys need to slow down with all the finds! I'm still walking where I need to go, and can still only do my backyard and the park o' junk across the street.I swear that park will reward me with pocketfulls of gold!!!!

I was reading treasurenet's forums again...man, some of the stuff people have found... One guy was at the family farm, had his md turned on,was by some old trees and bam:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,233158.0.html

Or the guy who's md'ing in the woods near a cellar hole and gets a big hit over the fallen chimney..pulls out a small log covered with gauze/cheese cloth. unwraps it, gold coins wrapped up. He had so many he had his shirt off and tied off to haul and same with his pants..Now lives in florida on a beach house with his wife....

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi