mini jumbo peanut butter

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

madman

Reaction score
dug this today also 4 inches tall red book????

74CB96DA40634A6E87A76A65211FCCC0.jpg

Attachments

• 74CB96DA40634A6E87A76A65211FCCC0.jpg
    74CB96DA40634A6E87A76A65211FCCC0.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 83

lexdigger

Reaction score
I've got several like this I've dug with Two different style Elephant faces on em. Two are round and the other has an oval base with a round opening. Always wondered if they were worth a dime?

madman

Reaction score
HEY LEX THERE TOO EXPENSIVE TO BUY, I WAS GLAD TO DIG THIS ONE CARE TO SHOW A PIX OF YOURS I MAY BE INTERESTED IF YER SELLIN THEM FOR CHEAP?

beendiggin

Reaction score
4 oz round tapered without the lid in the book is $30-40. $75-90 with lid.

digginthedog

Reaction score
Mike, your 4 oz jumbo is listed at $30-40 in the redbook (no lid) My wife and I have found several of these smaller sizes at tique shows for around ten bucks... We buy the small sizes as they never show up in our central NY digs... We have however, dug quite a few of the 1-2lb jars (large farm families I reckon) The lids on the small jars are tough to find! Lex, the oval jars are usually pretty good, sizes include (4 1/2oz-5 1/2oz- 9 1/2oz, 14oz and 1lb) The 9 1/2 oz is the toughest oval and always sells well on ebay, even though these jars were produced in great numbers, they can still be a challenge to collect with the many different sizes,faces and base mottos(pints), another nice find Mike!! JB

madman

Reaction score
THANKS GUYS FOR THE INFO! IM JUST GLAD TO HAVE ONE TO ADD TO MY JUMBO COLLECTION, DIGGIN THE DOG AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INFO! NEVER SEEN UM FOR TEN BUCKS MORE LIKE 20 AND UP, DO YOU HAVE ANY HISTORY ON FRANK TEA AND SPICE CO.

digginthedog

Reaction score
No, not much info on the Frank Tea co. other than it was started in the late 1890's, I'm not much of a computer whiz(research), I learn a TON right on these ABN pages !! You are correct on the high Jumbo prices... We just walk on, if a price is too high and I REFUSE to get inna bidding war on ebay...sooner or later we always find one for OUR price.. Still missing a few though !! John

accountantadam

Reaction score
Franks apparently made a lot of stuff, I've seen apple butter jars and hot sauce jars as well. They made these jars in a bunch of sizes. I always wondered about the smaller ones, wouldn't have been much peanut butter in there. Seems like anything smaller than the 10 oz. is tougher to find. The 1lb is definitely the most common. Don't know a whole lot else about them, other than they were in Cincy. I've been putting a collection together for my dad over the past couple years. Original lids are the hardest things to find.

mr.fred

Reaction score
I have 3 Small ones[:)]-----1---4.5 oz-----1---5.oz. and 1---5.5 oz.----all 3 are different shapes[;)]------no lids[:mad:]------the 5.5 oz. is called the thumb print!----the back of it -looks just like one----a few tiny flea bites on the top edge!----this 1 is a hard to find one[;)].------i also have 7 -1lb. jars--no lids!----in nice shape. All of these were dug at least 25 yrs.ago in my stand by dump. Anyone interested -let me know[8|]---and i will post pictures[8D].

lexdigger

Reaction score
This is a 3 1/2 oz and stands 3 inches tall.
jumbothree.jpg

This is a 7 oz and stands 4 inches tall. The smaller one will fit INSIDE of this one!
jumbotwo.jpg

This is a 4 1/2 oz and stands 4 inches tall. The base is Oval and the opening is Round. Says Frank Tea and Spice Co on the front and something about Peanuts on the back. Also has a different Elephant face on it.
jumbofour.jpg

I use these to keep marbles in... like Most of the jars I have! LOL
jumboone.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky