Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce - age?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stdunbar

Reaction score
I've got a Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce bottle that I believe to be older than 1900. I'm having a hard time taking a picture of the mold mark but it goes about half way up the neck. Any age thoughts? The bottom has "JII4D" though it easily could be a "11", a dot like character (think filled in fareheit mark) and a "S".

Pn36389.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36389.jpg
    Pn36389.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 579

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey StDunbars, I have dug 3 of those bottles myself. All three came from a pit that dated 1870's-1880's. I'm not sure how much older they were made but yours looks to date from that time period. That bottle originally came with a cork wrapped around a glass stopper. These are considered common bottles but are always nice to find in my opinion. Hope this helps, Kelley

stdunbar

Reaction score
Thanks for the information - apparently they were pretty wide spread.

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum stdunbar.

Your Lea & Perrins will date between the 1880's to around the late 1910's, there are quite a few variations but the basic bottle didn't change a lot in those years.

You can still buy the stuff here under the Lea & Perrins name, it tastes awfull I think [:'(] .

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Scott, The size you have is very common but you can find glass stopper that say Lea & Perrins. The Bottles come in three sizes all marked Lea & Perrins on the bottle and the stopper. Every bottle collection should have at least one Lea & Perrins in it. I have included a pic of the economy size.

Hey Toby, stop drinking that stuff, It goes on your steak.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Bz78360.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78360.jpg
    Bz78360.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 510

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora