Lighted Display

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder how this would look displaying some old bottles. I like the bottom lighting. Pretty sweet that it can have many color settings too. What do you think?

~Tim

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-LIGHTED-BAR-BOTTLE-DISPLAY-SHELVES-Remote-Color-Changing-36-Long-Two-Step-/170708415716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bf03b4e4

glass man

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good if you got the money to spend,but for me that kinda money could buy a good bottle,if we didn't need it for other things.The color changing would bother me..cause I love the natural color of bottles..of course I suppose it has just regular clear lighting too...Would be good for bottles shows cept it doesn't run on batteries that I saw and I would surely walk right into the cord and well..you know...JAMIE

bottlekid76

Reaction score
lol yeah I think it would look best with the white to bring out the color. It is a little pricey, may look good tho...

~Tim

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I prefer to buy wood and glass locally rather than something plastic from China even if it looks groovy.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

I prefer to buy wood and glass locally rather than something plastic from China even if it looks groovy.

Im with Gunth,that looks like a disco club bar light. But to each his/her own.[;)]

bottlekid76

Reaction score
lol that's funny... You see them quite often in alot of bars actually. I just wondered how it would look with antique bottles on it. Probably too much of a modern look, and your right it's probably not good quality.

I'm working on some ideas for having a backlit display case, i've did a little searching but nothing that made me think "wow, i'd really like to have that." Do you guys backlight your collection? A friend of mine had one made but it cost some serious jack... looks great tho and he has alot of colored sodas and quart ales that really pop the color out. At the moment mine are just on shelves. It looks pretty good now but i'm looking to possibly do it a little different.

~Tim

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Tim,...I'm in full agreement. Nothing looks quite as cool as a backlit display case (Barring mother natures own sunlit window!) It does take some ingenuity to fashion one cheaply,...The 'menuboard' milk white plex is vr. expensive...Even with my in in the glass biz I haven't yet found any extra funds to do one...But It is on my list of somedays. I'd have to say pass on the ebay one though...

DBFFF947463740EBB044777B8D3663A5.jpg

Attachments

• DBFFF947463740EBB044777B8D3663A5.jpg
    DBFFF947463740EBB044777B8D3663A5.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 87

bottlekid76

Reaction score
Those colors look great Joe, very nice!! I think my wife wants to get me something for Christmas shelf-wise so i'm kind of waiting to do anything just yet. What's that tapered top hiding on the far right on the 2nd shelf?

~Tim

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[;)] Hey Joe, A buddy of mine used clear plex, which is a lot cheaper, and stretched out an old ironed bed sheet over it on the flourescent lite side, It worked quite well, and if it ever yellows, just replace it with another bed sheet. the case was four feet by six and 10 inches deep, plus six for the light box part, cost 200.00 dollars with a one sixteenth inch thick glass door (he got the glass from a salvage joint...............

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Those colors look great Joe, very nice!!

Sorry Tim,...I cannot take credit for that bottle case, it's a pic I found by googling "lit bottle display"[:)]...These shelves are the closest thing I have to a lit display right now,...

The first one is a section of a 'Barristers" bookcase, that Mr. Fred found in a house cleanout and gifted to me...I revamped it with a light and a piece of glass that I painted white on one side for a top....

5918F6A24A32442BA755C3F1F49B07AD.jpg

Attachments

• 5918F6A24A32442BA755C3F1F49B07AD.jpg
    5918F6A24A32442BA755C3F1F49B07AD.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member