Is there a good website for insulator values?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ohio Rob

Reaction score
What ever happened to Grandpa Mac's Insulator Emporium? I used that site all the time to price insulators - did it move? I am not a big insulator collector but the website sure helped when I was pricing the Duquesne insulators I ran across.

BillinMo

Reaction score
There isn't really anything comprehensive on the web.

You can try going to http://www.insulators.info click on Picture Poster and then search for your item in the For Sale or For Sale - Sold folders to get an idea of value.

I think getting a price guide is a good idea if you want complete info. The latest and greatest 2011 Briel edition is very good, although many casual collectors and dealers would find it too expensive for their needs. You might be able to find a used older edition (2003 or 2007) pretty inexpensively, and probably 90% of the values haven't changed much. I wouldn't recommend the 1999 or earlier editions because they don't have CD illustrations.

Ohio Rob

Reaction score
Went to www.insulators.info. Thank you for the tip BillinMo, I followed your directions and looked through a lot of sold insulators. Very helpful in determining a true value. I will be using it in the future.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp