Milk bottle question

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

delphinis

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
I have a question I was hoping someone could help me with. I acquired a 1 Quart milk bottle from Craig's list for $3. It a local from a nearby town. It reads "Greycroft Farm Wenham"(Mass) and is in mint condition with a glass "sanitary milk cover" lid. It's a typical slug plate milk. Unfortunately I don't have a picture yet. I was wondering how to go about finding the value of this bottle. I know alot of local milks can go for $15-$20 and some can go alot higher. I would like to find out where my bottle falls in this range. Is there a milk bottle price guide available or a website that I can go too? I tried googling the name of the farm (it's no longer around)and found almost nil about it, just a few pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Anthony

Genno62

Reaction score
Anthony! Genno here! Hey i posted my answer on your first post! In my area and Im sure yours too some milks can bring good $ Depending on age and demand! My higest was $900! So be patient and call around! Hope I gave ya some help! GENNO

delphinis

Reaction score
Thanks Genno. I usually don't collect milks but I'm not in a big rush either to get rid of it so I'll follow your advice and be patient. I'll probably try calling around in Wenham first. Since that is where the farm was I figure someone in that town would be willing to pay more for it for a variety of reasons. Maybe they have a relative who owned or worked at the farm or maybe for nostalgic reasons like they remember their family buying milk at the farm when they were a kid or just for the fact that it's a local milk. Thanks again for the advice!!!

Anthony

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora