Unlisted (cross) Mason's Improved pint?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Scrounged out a dozen or so jars this summer from a death trap cellar of an old house that had fell in (fire dept had scheduled to burn it down in a few weeks). Pretty decent jars but no show stoppers. Finally got to cleaning and looking them up in my Red Book (#9[:mad:]) last night and can't find this particular one.

RED BOOK # 1725 is for the (cross) Mason's Improved jars, but no regular mouth pints are listed and none in clear except quarts & half G's. This is a regular mouth pint, no ghosted lettering, base embossed PAT NOV 26 67 with mold number 33 in center.

masonx.jpg

here it is cleaned up & next to a #1728 pint.
masonx1.jpg

I seriously doubt I have turned up an unlisted jar here (wishful thinking), & really need to update my reference materials. Any jar people care to tune me in & bust my bubble? lol

Thanks for any info!
Al

digginthedog

Reaction score
Hi Al, Redbook #10 does have a clear pint listed with the qt/hg for #1725... $10-$12... I dug an unlisted jar recently, may not be worth much, but not something you find every day... Also I have run across a few errors in the redbook it's self, so it may have just been a listing mistake in RDBK # 9

diggerdirect

Reaction score
Thanks John, I kinda figured that was the case, [:(] oh well, I've been cleaning up the shop sending odds & ends to the 'Bay, I'll break the news to the homeowner there is no home run here [&o] and keep it. I like the pints & their small footprint on the shelf, its one I didnt have so its still all good.[:)]

Thankyou very much for the reply & information, its time I update my reference book!

Al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coronado