Is This an Ammonia Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_girl

Reaction score
I found this bottle at a flea market for $1.00 and snatched it up right then and there. This bottle is about 8-9 inches tall, and it doesn't have any kind of marking to tell me what it was. Nothing on the bottom or sides or anything. It's unique shaped, thin but wide, with a very skinny neck and tiny hole at the top. I think it might have once held Ammonia, because I saw a similar bottle at another antique shop with part of a label still on it. I would just like to know what it is. Does anyone here know, or have a guess at least?

Thanx,
Bottle Girl

Qo40320.jpg

Attachments

• Qo40320.jpg
    Qo40320.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 105

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi Jessica, I agree with Woody probally ammonia, if it were amber I would say bleach.... I have a couple of these oldies one in aqua the other a lime green.. It sure is fun to see our ancestors valued the things we do! [;)] Taz

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi there Jessica, although this is not a real collectible bottle, it would be a good one for you to practice your cleaning skills on. Try different ways to clean it and see what works best. If you happen to scratch, crack or even break it, you'll only be out a dollar. lol Then when you dig up a nice old bottle you'll know how to clean it. Check this forum and other sites for cleaning techniques - beware of harsh chemicals though!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac