Bottle Holders

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottle Diver

Reaction score
Is there anywhere you can buy holders that display torpedo and other round bottom bottles in an upright fashion?

If no, are there any suggestions for everyday items that can be used as holders for these bottles?

Thanks

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I've seen folks use plexiglas, cut to a "u" shape, at the base, with a smaller "U" shape at the neck to hold them....looked for some pics on google to illustrate what I'd seen , but couldn't find one...Member baltbottles may have some, or some ideas...He has some beautiful torpedos in his collection...

luckiest

Reaction score
There are torpedo holders out there from the period the bottles were sold in, a lot of the ones I have seen are silver plate, some are marked with a bottler's name.

ChrisP1

Reaction score
Hi Bottle Diver,

Had the same exact question myself...let me know if you got any more answers. I have lots and lots of round bottoms and torpedos to display and haven't figured out a good way to do it just yet. I was hoping for something subtle that wouldn't hide the tops or bottoms.

One member suggested a slotted shelf almost the way you see wine glasses hung upside down with the top of the bottle above the shelf and the bottom hanging below, but I'm not feeling that one. I would rather something a little finer and not so heavy.

I may end up fabricating some kind of metal clasping thingy that would hold them just below the top in a long row. Another thought is to mount them horizontally on two protruding pins each. Both ideas are for wall and not shelf display.

If and when I figure it out I will post pics. No time to deal with this now as I am still trying to finish the room they are going in.

surfaceone

Reaction score
You guys may want to look over here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-419670/mpage-1/key-torpedo%252Cshelf/tm.htm#419670

torpedo1.jpg

ChrisP1

Reaction score
Nice...thanks surfaceone. I think something along those lines would work out. Not crazy at all about the oak shelf, but the plexi is more like it. Still want to consider a metal option though...

Bottle Diver

Reaction score
Hello:

I like that shelf it looks nice, but I was kind of thinking of something a little more along the lines of what ChrisP1 was thinking. I have a cabinet with shelves to display my bottles in. I was picturing something like a mini guitar holder, but made of metal, with horseshoe shape support around the neck, and one at the base.

Chris keep me posted on your progress and I'll let you know if I have any luck finding anything online.

Thanks

madpaddla

Reaction score
Here is a variety of torpedo holders. They also make clear ones that have the bottle laying down. I always thought this was the best way to display these. Wonder why they have not made replica stands etc., I would buy a few. Here is a nice site with some info. Often heard them referred to as Hamilton stands.
http://www.boxvox.net/2011/07/torpedo-bottle-stands.html

B398364B3E03441E94EB12D616CF5A71.jpg

Attachments

• B398364B3E03441E94EB12D616CF5A71.jpg
    B398364B3E03441E94EB12D616CF5A71.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 148

Bottle Diver

Reaction score
Oh! See I like those!! I can't believe no on makes and sells replicas or something similar. I would definitely buy a few.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi