"I'm Back"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Everybody
I have to tell you all that Norm asked me about the Locusts plagues here in oz. I didn't know what he was talking about but But I certainly do now. They were amazing, spread over a two hundred kilometre stretch and splattered on the roads like gravel.
We went to the Miners Den in Mitcham in Melbourne, there was a little cafe across the road which had a few collectables, including some very nice looking bottles and jars. The owner didn't know anything about them and niether did I. I bet Chris would like to see them, there was a nice ceramic jar from Cockatoo and a beautiful large cobalt bottle with a fantastic pattern (I was not so forward as to ask if I could pick them up and study them). On the way home today I had to pull over to side of the road because this huge storm decided to dump some terrential rain, right where I was driving. Talking about driving, I was happily hooning on the highway (I really drive slow) when 3 (not 1) semi trailers decide to overtake a slow moving vehicle traveling in the same direction as they were, the two lane highway all of a sudden became a three lane highway with me making the new road. I love being home and I love the Bush!!
Regards Kim

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Kim! Welcome back, so you did run into the locusts, don't they make a lovely mess on the roads! lol Your experience with the semi's sounds like a scene from my favorite movie "The God's Must Be Crazy" Were those semi's the 'land trains' that pull three trailers? When you get a chance check out some of my posts from last week, I finally got the right driver so I can post pictures. Did you happen to meet up with Oz or Irish?

Kim

Reaction score
Hey Norm
I thought the title "Quiet" was a little under estimated, lol. People are often too shy to post questions and stories or even join a conversation. This is a great forum and I find that the people are extremely helpful and I can reassure anybody wanting to know about bottles should jump right in.

I was looking up a vase I have and found an Italian Address related to the maker. I wrote them an email, translated it and sent it off. Surprised I got a reponse which I had to translate back. For people wanting to know about bottles in another country I thought it would be good to bring to their attention. You can successfully ask a question in almost any language or translate the writing on a bottle. Just a bit of trivia.
Regards
Kim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp