$1,000 for taped up flask?.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
He's been trying to sell this for a long time now....

carobran

Reaction score
my question is..........enen if he did sell it..........wouldnt it fall apart during shipping?[8|]

bostaurus

Reaction score
When I was 16 years old, we were sent to a new duty station in Maryland. Outside of town was a quick-stop type of place. In the back was a separate room with a large window so you could see into the room from the store. It was top to bottom shelves of beautiful old bottles. Apparently the owner was a long time bottle collector. He even sold some in the store. That is where I got my first pontiled American bottle...a little aqua vial. We talked to the clerk and he arranged to meet back later with the owner to look in the room.
It was great looking at the bottles though I did not really know anything about American bottles at the time.
He must have thought I was an easy mark.....He offered to sell me a 3 inch shard of some bottle for $75...this was in 1976.

appliedlips

Reaction score
I really dont know how one would price something like that. It is an awesome flask that is the best possible example in this color.I think he started it out much higher. I displayed a broken Harrison portrait at a couple of shows in more complete condition but full of glue that I recieved some crazy offers for.Ironically enough, it was dug directly across the street from the Masterson linked above. If I dug his broken up flask, it would have a proud spot on my shelf and it is museum worthy in my opinion.

ratbastard

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

I really dont know how one would price something like that. It is an awesome flask that is the best possible example in this color.I think he started it out much higher. I displayed a broken Harrison portrait at a couple of shows in more complete condition but full of glue that I recieved some crazy offers for.Ironically enough, it was dug directly across the street from the Masterson linked above. If I dug his broken up flask, it would have a proud spot on my shelf and it is museum worthy in my opinion.

is there a broken glass museum ?

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Most museums will display broken items. They are not hung up on condition like collectors. They care more about the historic significance than the dollar figure. If I dug that broken flask I would display it without hesitation.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94