"A Different type of Bottle"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kim

Reaction score
Hi All
I found this in amongst the collection. I can recall somebody telling me about a triangle on the base of bottles but there are so many I loose track.

It stands about 25 cm high and has a base diameter of approx 10cm. There is no embossing only a triangle on the bottom, actually there is another triangle under the one you can see in the photo. It looks like a double stamp.

Thanks in advance
Kim

Tr50523.jpg

Attachments

• Tr50523.jpg
    Tr50523.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 86

Kim

Reaction score
Hi again
I found where I had seen the triangle on the base, it is on Chris (Oz-Riley's) site. If I am right it is a Waterloo glass 1890 - 1915. If I am incorrect please advise. What substance would it hold?
Thanks Kim

oz-riley

Reaction score
This is an Apothecary Jar, they held chemicals, drugs and essences used by chemists and other industries.
They come in a huge array of colours and sizes.
The base mark is from Waterloo Glass Works which was in Waterloo in Sydney Australia.

Thanks
Chris

Kim

Reaction score
Hi Chris
Thanks heaps. If you get a chance and happen to be driving through Mitcham feeling hungry you should check out the litle cafe across from the road from the Miners den. There were not a lot of bottles but the ones there were very interesting. The address of the Miners Den at 446 Whitehorse rd, Mitcham.
Thanks again
Kim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18