A short tour of Winterthur

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[:)] Yeah! Itsa pretty amazing place. I went back to D.C. a few years ago and drove up the east coast and stopped there for about eight hours, Saw some of the house and took the "garden tour" The Duponts had figured out how to live VERRY high on the hog. The place was full of the best of everything, and itsa good thing they gave it for posterity, as most of the country seems to tear down and modernise all the good ole neat stuff without much care for its history. I also saw the Kilmers Swamp root bldg in Rochester, New York, bein restored and turned into shops and such.........

sandchip

Reaction score
84? Gotta be a typo. She could pass for your sister, and what a doll! And you are so blessed to be able to spend that kind of time with her. Thanks for the tour!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I'm thinking about moving there to bring down property values.
I've done all I can for central maryland.

PA Will

Reaction score
My pop went thru the grad program there in the early 60's. This last summer I gave a series of workshop lectures on antique clocks from the south eastern counties of PA. To say their collections are amaizing and extensive is a great understatement. Mr.DuPont bought whole rooms out of houses that were being razed and reassembled them in his mansion. He then furnished each of these period rooms with the best of the best of furnishings from that rooms area and era. It is one of the greatest accomplishments of collecting. He even built a courtyard of several building fronts in a huge room. It's really wild. I've taken 3 dif tours n haven't seen all of it!

Dansalata

Reaction score
thanks for that post, that sounds so cool, and god bless your mom...she looks so young, unbelievable...you guys must have good genes lol...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler