bottle designers?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Branding and marketing is alot bigger deal now days. Just look at the recent fiasco with the white coke cans...
Conterfeiting and unauthorized reuse of containers was a bigger concern in the 19th century.

Jim

Reaction score
Many bottle designs were the work of inventors. This is especially prevalent in poison bottles, where inventors would design and seek patents for bottle designs, in hopes that a company or manufacturer would like their design and put it into production. Some of the coolest-looking poison bottle designs never made it to production, but some did, and probably made a nice profit for their designers/inventors. ~Jim

jheart

Reaction score
thank you, everyone. i appreciate all of the input. from what i've read so far, it seems that a bottle designer might have been a person that wore many hats. the idea of design being trend-driven, especially in pre-mold days is interesting. i've always thought of trends as a modern phenomena but i obviously need to rethink that...

thanks again - very interesting place... :)

julie

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
trends are definately an old concept as old as human manufacturing. Arrow and spear points followed trends in paleolithic times. In the bronze age knives followed trends.
One of my favorites is 18th century wine glasses. France generated trends with fancy air twist stems and manfs. strived to better their designs every couple years.
Trends are part of being human. Its easy to see and copy , its hard to be original.
The trend setters are the people who make things happen.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu