Help me identify this!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm repeating my request for any info anyone might have regarding this bottle. Sheared lip, freeblown neck and 2-piece mold base. Is this a clear barbers, or some kind of sauce?

Sq46910.jpg

Attachments

• Sq46910.jpg
    Sq46910.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 73

woody

Reaction score
If I were to guess I would say it was some sort of salad dressing or olive oil bottle.
It looks typical and sometimes ornate as these bottles are.
Maybe peppersauce, also.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Well, Norm, it certainly looks saucy to me, but I didn't see it in Zumwalt's book. I don't think it's hairy, but I have no evidence for you.

----------Harry Pristis

Maine Digger

Reaction score
That's what I thought as well, it's just that it being clear throws me off regarding age. The neck and lip seem to be from one era crude lip, enlongated bubble in the neck; while the molded base almost looks modern - here's a shot of the neck

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Actually, the neck shows up pretty good, so I won't run another pic. I'm going to bring it to the New England show in Portland in April. Any guesses regarding age? Thanks

maineahh62

Reaction score
hello maine digger, i have tryed to find some sort of info on this, as you proboly already know sheared top's appeared largely on early american bottle's, not sure if there is a differance in sheared top and sheared lip as far as trying to age the bottle, i do agree with you on the way it look's, it look's like a glass attached to the base of the neck, there seem's to be some over hang at the top left were they meet, are you sure that's not your scotch glass set up to give us a good prank..lol..lol [:D]

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese