CHEAP AIN'T CHEAP ENOUGH!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I do not remember that ever happening to me lol .

SAbottles

Reaction score
I'm afraid it's quite a regular occurrence for me! Then on the "Cheap enough" front, I have large family groups (& I mean large in the grossly overfed category [:'(]) who stand at my stall, discourse loudly (usually in Afrikaans) about what bottles they have, comment disparagingly about the price of my bottles and then wander off in search of stalls selling more swill - I mean food!

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SAbottles

I'm afraid it's quite a regular occurrence for me! Then on the "Cheap enough" front, I have large family groups (& I mean large in the grossly overfed category [:'(]) who stand at my stall, discourse loudly (usually in Afrikaans) about what bottles they have, comment disparagingly about the price of my bottles and then wander off in search of stalls selling more swill - I mean food!

WOW Never had that happen either!Makes me glad my kin folks ain't into bottles![Cept new ones filled with liquor or beer[:)]

On another subject of dealing/bottle shows it is always amazing how quite it gets when people hear the breaking of glass at a bottle show and then the "Oh No" reaction afterwards!

As dealers Nina and I have been fortunate to have only one thing broken at a show [hope this holds true in the future!] It was a pottery fruit or canning jar.It slipped out of Nina's hands as we were packing up to leave.I had to calm her down and remind her we got it for helping to clean out a "Horder's" house.[Man at the great stuff she had...but most of it belonged to the college where she had worked at..Berry college..she was friends with Miss Berry..she lived on campus for years and thought she was keeping these things safe and she did!The house was so packed there was only a small space to walk through all the rooms!Every room was filled !I drooled over some of the things I found like old ink wells!It was hard to let them go...but was given a few things for helping..not much..but it was fun seeing what would show up underneath a tall pile of items!!]

At an Atlanta bottle show years ago a lady with a pocket book on her arm got too close to a table full of pretty expensive bottles..as she turned around she swept off about 4 bottles and she had to pay for them..[:mad:] Lesson learned I hope,but I felt sorry for her..man what a distressed look on her face[&o]

I dearly love children and love to see most of them at bottle shows except the unruly ones that the parents are not watching very closely..it is scary as they get close to the table with arms flying and they are hyped up..WHEW never had one break nothing so far,but it has been close at times![&:]....JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hayden.Brown