Ethel,MS bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
Im not very good at research so i though some of you that were could help me,im trying to find out if there are any bottles from Ethel,Ms,Ethel is 10 miles to the east of here and practically a ghost town now,there are a few houses and City HAll,maybe a couple other places but thats it,everything else is closed.It used to be a pretty good sized town in the late 1800s and early 1900s(at least it was for Miss).......it seems like they would have had at least a druggist,but i guess they could have gotten everything from Kosciusko.Ive never seen or heard of a botle from here and would like to know if one exists or theres at leasts a possibility.[:)]

epackage

Reaction score
.6 square miles and 452 people living there today makes me think you're never gonna see such an animal...

carobran

Reaction score
Yeah,its small(in the last mayors election the winner had like 60 votes)....and they dont even have a Sanborn Fire Map..........ill keep hoping[;)]

surfaceone

Reaction score
t used to be a pretty good sized town in the late 1800s and early 1900s(at least it was for Miss).......it seems like they would have had at least a druggist,but i guess they could have gotten everything from Kosciusko.Ive never seen or heard of a botle from here and would like to know if one exists or theres at leasts a possibility.

Hey Branden,

Happy Christmas smilies to'ya.
15.gif

Did you see this?

ethel10.jpg

"This was taken about 1909 and shows my grandfather, Emmett Ross Clifton, standing behind a group of other young men from Ethel. Joe Collins, is in the center, and the photo was possibly shot near his cafe. Maxwell Cook may, also, be one of the subjects but the others are unknown." From.

I got to that last place, from HERE.
EthelSign1.jpg

Ethel may not have had a bottler, I wouldn't rule out druggist. If ethel is a mere 10 miles down the road from Kosciusko, I'd be thinking of their dumps and privies. Have you been to ATTALA HISTORICAL SOCIETY? Go, in person, and ask em a million questions.

Im not very good at research so i though some of you that were could help me,

Are you the guy recently asking about setting up a website? Better step up yer googlin skills. Has yer school master explained the fine points of punctuation? Have you heard about "run on sentences?" Not trying to give you coprolite, but if you're gonna
do the stuff you're aspiring to do, you will have to pay attention to presentation, and content.

Do you know These Folks from Merigold?

old%20018.jpg

carobran

Reaction score
I think ive seen most of those,ive got a book around here somwhere that the Historical Society put out full of old pictures of Ethel,Kosciusko,Happy Hollow(not a happy place at all[:eek:])and a few other communities around here,ive also got a DVD they put out with a slideshow of old pics and a narrator explaining them.If i do dig any dumps or privies i think the vest bet would be Ethel,most people there are friendly and most of the houses arent too close to gether so theres little chance the privy or dump has been built over,unlike Kosciusko which apparantly has a concrete obsession[:mad:].......and English aint exactly my strongest subject.......ive never understood English in the first place,i know how to talk it so isnt that all that matters?.....i doubt ill ever get a job where somone asks me to diagram a sentence.I know Ethel had a saw mill around the TOC so it seems like theyd have had a druggist.Maybe i can look through some census records and find out?.....better put aside a whole Saturday for that.[8|][;)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp